Version 1 Dublin
Infrastructure Team Lead
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1500+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Team Lead to lead an infrastructure implementation team on a range of projects within an overall program of work.
· Review project technical deliverables for quality
· Work with our Senior Infrastructure and Solution Architects to turn the customers high level design briefs into low level technical solutions.
· Work with the Infrastructure Project Manager to develop the required project approach, phases, deliverables, tasks and estimates.
· Coordinate with the Application Development Team on any cross-stream project issues or touchpoints
· Coordinate with Managed Services Team on scoping any Infrastructure changes or service improvements which can be executed under BAU.
· Scoping any project tasks on which the managed services team can provide specific expertise.
· Identifying required upskilling, knowledge transfer and monitoring needs for project transitions into managed service
· Coordinate with Third Parties (e.g., Networking service provider) to identify project integration touchpoints and agree their scopes of work.
· The Infrastructure Team Lead must have the following attributes:
o A highly motivated individual with a project consultant mindset
o Display a breadth and depth of knowledge across a wide spectrum of existing technologies used within the customers IT estate (see below)
o Ability to quickly adapt to further new technologies when required.
o Proven team management, organisational, analytical, risk management, and problem-solving skills
- 8+ years of hands-on experience working as part of an infrastructure delivery team.
- 3+ years of infrastructure team lead experience
- Qualification in Computer Science / Computer Engineering OR equivalent work experience.
- Strong documentation skills with particular focus on technical designs
- Strong communication skills - can describe complex technical concepts/issues with non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly arbitrate, prioritise and filter project issues to identify solutions.
- Ability to make balanced and pragmatic technical decisions to ensure timely project completion.
- Build Automation (Infra as Code) - writing and maintaining ansible playbooks and working with git
- Containerised Microservice Architectures using Docker/Kubernetes (ideally OpenShift)
- Building highly available API services (ideally using RedHat 3Scale and SSO)
- Building Cloud or hybrid-Cloud solutions on AWS
- Solid understanding of DevOps concepts and technologies (e.g. CI/CD pipelines)
- Linux OS administration and hardening
- Security Concepts and Standards (PCI an advantage)
- VMware ESXI and SRM
- SAN technology (ideally EMC VNX5200 family)
- A solid understanding of network and firewall design concepts - while we do not provide this as a core service, this knowledge is beneficial to effectively coordinate with third party providers
- Exposure to other technical components in the estate: a. Redis/Sentinel, Red Hat Data Grid, MariaDB Galera, HA-Proxy, NetScaler services integration, NetBackup, RecoverPoint, SSL certificates, IdM server management, MSAD integration
Talent Acquistion Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...