Version 1 London
Cloud Java Developer
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance ‘theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference”.
Java has been a key technology throughout our company history, and our Java evangelists have been responsible for delivering some of the largest Government systems as well as business-critical solutions to various sectors across a wide range of platforms, operating systems, open-source components and databases.
Version 1 utilises best of breed Java toolsets focused on Micro Services Architectures, powerful front- and backend frameworks, RESTful services, and everything from NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Hadoop, high-performance data grids like HazelCast to multi-node relational systems.
Developers will be responsible for the delivery of projects in an Agile way according to Functional and None Functional Requirements Specifications. You will be involved in technical leadership within a team to co-ordinate and deliver scalable, secure solutions in line with good industry software engineering practices (code quality, CI/CD, OWASP, TDD, SOLID, DRY etc).
You will take technical ownership for a product or software components, covering design, estimation, shaping and functional/non-functional requirements. This will involved design, developing and maintaining cloud-based software applications using Java and associated frameworks (e.g., Spring, Groovy, Jersey, JUnit, Guava, Hibernate etc).
- Design, develop and maintain cloud-based software applications using Java and associated frameworks (e.g., Spring, Groovy, Jersey, JUnit, Guava, Hibernate etc).
- Experience in developing RESTful microservice architectures.
- Experience in developing on Public Cloud such as AWS or Azure
- Experience in delivering software using Agile.
- Collaborate and liaise with other Version 1 team members, customer stakeholders and end-users during the development lifecycle – e.g., PMs, BAs, Tester, Product, Platform etc
- Clearly communicate technical designs in conversation, documentation, and presentations to stakeholders of various technical abilities.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to team members and customers.
- Manage, coach, and develop junior members of your team and wider community.
- Foster a positive working environment and facilitating team collaboration and communication.
- Experience of developing platforms with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes & Terraform
- Experience developing in continuous integration and continuous delivery environment
- Extensive experience deploying applications on AWS
- Experience of technologies such as LDAP, oAuth, Messaging, SSO, BPM and Integration engines
Before you apply to our Senior Cloud Java Developer need here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, remote party event and Christmas parties that are now online!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...