Version 1 Dublin
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
Version 1 is looking for a flexible, motivated Technical Delivery Lead / Technical Project Manager who has experience working within a client facing role onsite with clients. Our clients are mainly based in Dublin and as a result the role will involve some travel out to client sites.
The Technical Delivery Lead will be working with client business programme/project managers, business analysts, architects, technologists, development teams, test teams and operational stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of IT projects through the development lifecycle and into production. This is a leadership role taking responsibility for communication and coordination across business and IT stakeholders and requires the ability to work at very detailed levels when necessary.
You will have a background in structured IT delivery preferably with experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies. You will have experience in executing planning and coordination across multiple delivery teams and will have a solid understanding of software and software development with a good grounding in modern enterprise technologies, so that they are capable of building a comprehensive understanding of the specific software projects being delivered, and understanding the communication necessary across the technical teams to deliver those projects.
This is a planning and coordination leadership role and so experience of formal project management is an advantage.
- Understand and apply the full software delivery lifecycle processes of the client.
- Work with the business project manager to align the technical project delivery with the overall business project delivery.
- Support the Business PM project delivery planning through all phases.
- Work with the business project manager to refine the detailed planning to ensure it is aligned to whatever technical constraints may apply to specific areas of the solution and / or technologies being used, based on the information provided by the architects and delivery teams.
- Day to day coordination and communication oversight of delivery teams to ensure adherence to the plan and timely resolution of any issues.
- Run any cross-team meetings, stand-ups, workshops required to ensure delivery to plan.
- Understand and champion the High-Level Design (HLD) as specified by the Architect(s).
- Ratify with all delivery team leads that all Low-Level Designs (LLD) are aligned to the HLD and that there are no gaps.
- Ensure that delivery team leads ratify that all LLD’s produced by different teams are consistent with each other and that there are no gaps.
- Act as a first point of contact technical SME on the overall project for the Business, Business PM, BA’s, Testers and Ops (while engaging the solution architect as the technical SME for deeper technical questions).
- 8+ years of experience in information technology with 4+ years of experience in leading and delivering projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Project management certification (PMP, Prince2) would be a plus.
- Team building and leadership, Task based planning and coordination.
- Be an excellent communicator and influencer.
- Be able to work under pressure and successfully manage a very diverse and demanding workload combined with an ability to work autonomously.
- Be comfortable and capable of communicating with all levels of people within and outside the business, both written and verbal, and with a high level of professionalism
- Understanding of up-to-date software engineering technologies and concepts
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
Senior Talent Acquisition Team Lead
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...