Version 1 Dublin
Senior SharePoint/O365 System Engineer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are seeking a Senior SharePoint/O365 System Engineer responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of our cloud services, collaboration, and computing experience. The ideal candidate possesses strong technical experience in designing and providing sophisticated end user collaboration solutions utilising the o365 platform with a specific emphasis on SharePoint Online.
Senior System Engineer SharePoint/O365 Overview
The Senior SharePoint/O365 System Engineer will be responsible for collaboratively designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting all components of our Office 365 systems and associated Infrastructure.
- The incumbent will be jointly responsible for architecture, design, and support of Office 365 environment, Azure Active Directory, and related user identity management, user licensing and provisioning.
- This position will also involve mentoring and providing direction to peers and other teams related to direction, design, and strategy of all Office 365 services.
- Own the function and develop it along with latest technology releases
- Ensure the privacy and security of data.
- This is not a help desk role; this is a senior role who can consult with tact, collaborate with project members, and work independently.
Office 365 Engineering:
- Developing site Information Architecture plan, implementing governance procedures, access control policies/plans, and information barrier solutions for OneDrive and SharePoint Online.
- Ability to architect high quality solutions to meet functional, non-functional, and regulatory requirements and provide strategic recommendations for growth.
- Requires a high level of ownership on tasks associated with both new and ongoing Office365 needs and implementations.
- Mentors and provides direction across IT teams regarding design and strategy of Office 365 services.
- Leads efforts in troubleshooting, remediating, and optimizing any Office 365 issues, while providing strategic recommendations.
- Knowledge of Exchange Online, Teams, Microsoft SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for business implementations.
- Develops and documents processes and procedures for Office 365.
- Designs and manages all aspects of environment, legal hold, group management, Active Directory support and design.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Intune.
- Ensures compliance and security requirements for multi-factor authentication and device compliance are enforced on endpoints connecting to the Office 365 environments.
- Provides System Engineering support for System related projects, and associated support tickets.
- Evaluates, tests, and applies upgrades, patches, and hotfixes to systems and applications on a timely basis - and as necessary to maintain system and application security and stability.
- Assists and guides in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrading system, servers, software, and equipment.
- Receives, assigns, prioritises, documents, and actively resolves escalated end user issues.
- Provides solutions and input for defining compliance needs and monitoring metrics for system security.
- Identifies security risks to our Office 365 environment and services providing mitigations.
- Helps with designs, documents, and maintains system security policies and procedures as well as monitors compliance of systems, Office 365, and Azure AD environments.
- Coordinates with IT Project Managers on technical projects and implementations based on requirements, tasks and project timelines.
- Analyses business technical service needs and proposes solutions.
- Plans and manages the technical implementation of necessary technical solutions.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ experience in Information Technology with related Office 365 and Systems Engineering experience.
- Experience in a technical lead capacity, especially with migrations to Office 365, with Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Skype for Business.
- Expert skills in Office 365 (Identity, Authentication, Administration, Implementation,).
- Knowledge of end-user scenarios and technical architecture for Office 365, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Azure AD and other Office 365 products.
- Possess excellent working knowledge of authentication mechanisms, such as, Azure AD, and Azure AD Connect.
- Extensive experience with PowerShell in Production environments.
- Experience implementing and managing Azure Rights Management Services and Information Rights Management policies.
- Networking fundamentals including IP, DNS, routing, and firewalls.
- Strong interpersonal skills - team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic. Takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
- Expertise in coordination and escalation to Microsoft support and ability to coordinate with first- and third-party software vendors as needed for resolution of business-impacting problems.
- Knowledgeable of core Office 365 services including Intune, Exchange Online, OOB SharePoint, Project Online, Teams as well as experience deploying and managing Office 365 installed applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Identity management/Single Sign on administration experience (Microsoft Active Directory, Azure SSO, Azure Active Directory, Conditional Access Policy, Group Policy Management).
- Experience in administration of Office 365 tenant in an Enterprise environment. Microsoft Office 365 subject matter expert.
Proven track record of problem identification and analysis, critical thinking, ability to troubleshoot technologies.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...