Version 1 Dublin
Senior Systems Administrator
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
The Experienced Systems Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our Microsoft Endpoint Manager environment. They will have a strong focus on desktop management alongside an affinity for SCCM, Windows Autopilot, Windows Update for Business, and Intune. Any successful candidate will be a key contributor to projects that will deliver modern device management capabilities leveraging these technologies.
They will leverage their deep technical expertise to routinely lead troubleshooting efforts, design sessions, project/initiatives and other bodies of work related to the client OS. They should also be able to mentor others in the team at various levels including the more senior members. The Experienced Systems Administrator will use their expert knowledge of the client OS to autonomously determine the optimal configuration of the OS and configure in the manner they determine best meets requirements. During their work, they will also author new or modify existing documentation related to the client OS. They will also serve as an ultimate in-house operational escalation point for troubleshooting systems experiencing complex issues and will develop and implement solutions for these complex issues.
The environment is fast paced and dynamic requiring an individual capable of making independent decisions without necessarily complete guidance or knowledge. However, these decisions will be performed in a manner that account for industry recognised best practices that help ensure the most positive outcome in each situation.
The position comes with the following responsibilities:
- Work independently without supervision
- Provide expert level configuration and optimisation of the Client Operating System
- Ensure clients are kept current on OS, driver, firmware, and security requirements
- Deliver automation that drives the manual effort out of common practices
- Deliver the engineering and oversee the day-to-day administration of our Microsoft Endpoint Manager environment, including Configuration Manager, Intune, Autopilot & Desktop Analytics
- Perform patch management, application packaging and distribution, and operating system deployment (OSD)
- Configuration of Intune for modern management of endpoints and applications.
- Author clear, concise, and complete communications for change, incident and problem management
- Plan, research, and design solutions in support of strategic plans or business requirements
- Provide direction in developing specifications/requirements for selecting and testing new technologies
- Evaluate system designs, provides recommendations to improve performance, security, and functionality
Required qualifications for this role to include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent education/experience
- Advanced PowerShell Scripting experience
- 8 years of related experience
Preferred skills for this role include:
- Experience supporting Windows 10 in large enterprises using MEMCM task sequences and/or Windows Update for Business
- Using Autopilot to deploy Windows 10 devices
- Expert level PowerShell knowledge
- Experience using REST APIs such as Microsoft Graph
- Microsoft 365: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certification
- Five years of progressively responsible directly related experience, including project leadership experience
- Experience in macOS endpoint management beneficial
- Working knowledge of use of public cloud services
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...