Version 1 Redditch
Senior Oracle ERP Product Owner & Lead Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We are the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivaled specialization across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
Version 1 is a market leader in Oracle ERP consulting, implementation, and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and in the Cloud. You will join a 1500 strong, €160m/£138 mrevenue business that is committed to Oracle ERP through recent strategic acquisitions. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our new research & innovation centre as part of our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
Our ERP Maximise solution (https://www.version1.com/it-service/erp/maximise/) comprises a bespoke suite of services to accelerate our Customer's SaaS implementation of Oracle Cloud Applications Cloud ERP and HCM Cloud applications and optimize ongoing management in the Cloud. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Oracle Cloud Solutions Lead to join our Technology and Innovation Practice. A permanent Senior position, you will play a critical role in driving our Maximise solution forward.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record delivering Oracle Cloud Applications and “Applications Unlimited” solutions in a senior architect, consultancy, or lead role. This role will be a highly dynamic role with day-to-day responsibilities including a mix of technical leadership, people management and product development. Our Technology and Innovation practice provides tooling and automation, that brings delivery excellence to our Oracle Cloud (SaaS) projects and practices.
You will be an excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly create and communicate technical designs, issues, and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will have strong empathy and technical people management skills.
You will ideally have at least 10 years’ experience bringing a proven delivery track record for enterprise level projects, with more recent focus on Cloud, specifically Oracle platforms. You will be able to effectively collaborate with others, obtain buy-in for your product delivery approaches and manage Maximise team priorities and performance. You will ensure for Maximise that we continue to deliver a high quality, best-of-breed and a highly performant solution.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Senior Product Owner and Lead Architect for Maximise
- People Management, including technical recruitment, line management, performance management and mentoring
- Business Development, including Technical Pre-sales, Creation of Proposals, Delivery cost estimation and management for the Maximise solution.
- To provide technical architecture and design leadership to a highly skilled and motivated expert technical team, in development of the Maximise solution.
- To work with senior management of Version 1, assisting it as it makes critical decisions, on our Maximise Framework, technical direction.
- Ensure that Maximise makes use of the newest technologies and industry best practices.
- Leader in a motivated and dynamic tools and automation delivery team, with strong core values that seek to drive customer success.
- Working with wider teams and customers to elicit requirements & assist in developing design specifications for the future state architecture for Maximise. Including support for marketing, sales and support through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos
- Engaging with the software development lifecycle, providing design and technical coaching to project functional consultants, solutions architects, development teams, test management, and project managers.
- Translate product designs into user requirements and stories. Create Product backlog with detailed use cases and definition of ready etc
- Develop a high-level (12 month) horizon plan, and release plans, for Maximise with functional and non-functional roadmap.
- SME knowledge on roadmap, plan, and functional/non-functional scope of Maximise to advise internal teams technical and non-technical.
- Key technical point of contact for partner (Oracle) and partner manager to articulate roadmap and awareness of Maximise.
- Drive the development of internal and external training/education materials, for Maximise, to support education/awareness for key teams in Version 1.
- Engage on other Technology and Innovation practice initiatives including comms, blogs, marketing as appropriate and aligned with day-to-day activities.
You will have:
- 10+ years of experience in information technology – with at least 5 years in Oracle Cloud/Applications Unlimited implementation experience
- Minimum of 5 years as an Oracle Applications Technical Architect
5 + years’ experience in an Oracle Cloud Applications Solution Architect role in an enterprise IT environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- A passion for coding and keeping up to date with new Oracle Applications technologies, frameworks and techniques.
- Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience
You will have:
- Proven consultancy (or industry experience) experience working on Oracle Applications Implementations (including Cloud) in using latest methods and tools.
- Oracle Cloud Applications Architect certifications.
- Strong and Practical Oracle ERP and HCM experience.
- Oracle Platform and Application Development Architecture experience.
- Experience in people management.
- Track record in writing BLOGs and presenting at Industry and Peer technology forums / events.
It is essential that you have strong, in-depth, and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Expertise in Oracle Cloud Applications and relevant deployment, and lifecycle experience in cloud implementation and support.
- Understanding of wider Oracle Cloud Platforms products including OICS, OACS, DBCS etc.
- Own the project estimation for Maximise product implementation.
- Knowledge of the Oracle Cloud Applications (ERPM & HCM) product set and the associated integration and analytics technologies required to deliver end to end SaaS solutions. It is likely that you will have a specialisation in one and broad knowledge of the others across ERP Financials, HCM and EPM.
- Track record of designing enterprise-wide IT roadmaps for an ERP\HCM landscape, and likely experience in the development of roadmaps for enterprises.
- Delivered Oracle Cloud solutions within a multi-supplier, multi-year, multi-release environment.
- Have knowledge of the business processes e.g. procure-to-pay, payroll, HCM.
- Knowledge of business ecosystems across SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SOA, API, data and analytics.
- Able to point to examples where Applications Cloud accelerator solutions can pull-through business
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
All roles are currently remote but you MUST be Ireland or UK based.
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...