Version 1 Dublin
Senior Project Manager
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
We are looking for an experienced Programme Manager/Senior Project Manager to join our team. In this role you will be providing support to our client's team covering all aspects of managing and delivering various projects across the department and across functions and segments.
You will be involved with the requirements gathering, planning, project governance, project interdependence affecting the project/s, project benefits realisation, project resources, project budget, communication, and measurement.
- Drive successful delivery of a portfolio of projects across a Programme, through proactive management of dependencies, issues, and risks of the constituent parts of the programme (Small Change, Business Configuration, ODP Projects initiatives) to achieve business objectives.
- Undertake initial planning and prioritisation of the Product Backlog for Small Change and as part of the overall ODP release schedule.
- Plan each Sprint Release with the Internal Team, 3rd Party Suppliers, Test teams, Technical and Business Stakeholders ensuring all scope and inputs are captured in detail.
- Ensure delivery is consistent with the agreed delivery model and standards.
- Promote Agile Incremental delivery for larger ODP Projects – agreeing prioritisation and release schedule.
- Proactively Communicate to the Business Owners to enable them to deliver on their projects and programmes.
- Ensure 3rd Party Suppliers are engaged optimally to support the successful delivery of the Small Change and Business Configuration Delivery channel
- Manage escalations appropriately to avoid any impact on overall delivery.
- Work closely with the Business solutions and configuration Manager and the IT Delivery Management Lead to define and establish the Equinox / ODP Demand and Delivery interlock forum.
- Challenge the critical path delivery timelines, checking for 3rd Party commitment and buy in, so that Vodafone have confidence in the Delivery phases of the projects.
- Support establishing and drive/monitor the standard IT Governance mechanisms for Third Party Suppliers in alignment with the overall programme Governance approach.
- Follow the agreed IT Demand and Governance processes on Status Management, Risk / Issue Management, Deliverables Management, Decision Management, Plan Management
- 5+ years’ experience as a Senior Programme/Project Manager with at least 2+ years agile PM experience
- Senior Stakeholder engagement experience
- In-depth review of customer collateral
- Review of operations procedures
- 3rd level qualification in relevant field or similar
- Ability to manage multiple projects large SDLC projects within a large multinational
- Working knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- PRINCE 2, PMP or other Project Management certification
Senior Version 1 Talent Team Lead
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...