Version 1 Redditch
Senior AWS SQL DBA
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1.
We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance ‘theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference”.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior AWS SQL DBA, experienced with AWS to join our Digital and Cloud Platform Practice. In a permanent position, you will play a critical role by delivering in driving our thriving Cloud Platform Practice.
Version 1 has had continued success working with our customers to deliver value, innovation, and excellence. In this role, you will be designing and deploying Highly Available solutions for Enterprise customers such as AlwaysOn & AWS Multi-AZ deployment. You will be migrating SQL Database workloads to AWS Public Cloud and while assessing to then migrate the applications that deliver services using SQL databases.
While delivering you will use your commercial awareness to be able to articulate the commercial impacts of technical challenges and opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Migrating SQL workloads to Public Cloud
• Development and ownership of migration processes, documentation, and tooling
• Senior SQL DBA consulting, including solution design, documentation, and technical management
• SQL Server database administration, such as supporting a projects SQL environment
- Experience in migrating SQL Database workloads to AWS Public Cloud platforms
- You will be an experienced SQL Server DBA
- Solid understanding of SQL Server internals and best practices
- A good understanding of other SQL and database related technology e.g. Middleware, Analysis Services, and Integration Services etc.
- Experience in SQL Database design, deployment and administration
- Experience of AWS Public Cloud Database Migrations
- Application and Database workload assessment with assessment tooling experience
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, and scripting with PowerShell
- Experience with legacy SQL, such as SQL 2000 and DTS
- Security Clearance eligible
Before you apply to our Senior AWS SQL DBA need here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, remote party events and Christmas parties that are now online!
Version 1 is now Digital First meaning remote delivery is always the first option and post-COVID travel will be involved in the role.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...