Version 1 Dublin
Infrastructure Project Manager
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
You will have at least 5-7 years’ project management experience in large scale systems development and deployment projects in a variety of sectors. You should be experienced in large scale infrastructure project life cycle implementations from concept, design, build and acceptance into operational support.
Possessing excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills, you will have the ability to deal with all levels of a client organisation and an ability to manage scope, RAID, resources and budget delivering projects to achieve their intended business outcomes. A team player and self-motivated, you will demonstrate a strong customer-centric ethos and an ability to develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders and ensure their needs are met.
- Working with the Project Owner/Sponsor to confirm the project scope and goals, objectives and business justification, secure project resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for the project.
- Work with Technical Architects and Team Leads to translate complex technical requirements into a detailed project work-plan with associated resource requirement profile identification.
- Work with Third Parties PMs, review their SOWs, plans and identify pre-requisites and inter-dependencies at an early stage.
- Undertake standard RAID analysis and establishing the project governance structure and processes. Continually assessing potential risks and issues maintaining risk and issue logs, and contingency plans.
- Create, maintain and update a Project Initiation Document.
- Leading, monitoring and maintaining progress of the project plan to ensure delivery of the key stages and goals within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group/Project Sponsor and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track.
- Playing a lead role in defining an effective communication strategy for the project, including communicating and consulting with key stakeholders.
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
Please note you must have the legal right to live and work in the Rep of Ireland, we do no offer work sponsorship
- Overall strong Project Management capabilities, 5-7 years of PM experience.
- Proven track record of handling multiple infrastructure sub-projects concurrently as part of an overall program of work
- Experience managing large infrastructure projects including data center builds, data center migrations, decommissioning projects, server builds and storage projects
- Experience with cloud, hybrid-cloud and workload migration projects an advantage
- Solid understanding of core infrastructure concepts and ability to converse with technical resources on topics such as Networking, Virtualisation, Storage, Microservices, Cloud, DevOps etc.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PM methodologies such as PRINCE 2 or PMP and practical experience of same.
- Some SDLC experience beneficial as the ability to liase with application stream stakeholders and identify integration touchpoints is key
- Excellent team motivator.
- Experience in using standard Project Management and MS Office tools inc. MS Project, Excel, Word.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Excellent command of English.
- Strong interest in improving PM Capability, governance and methodologies.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...