Version 1 Dublin
Business Development Director
Department: Sales & Customer Success
In an age of digital disruption, the conversation in enterprise business has turned to Digital Transformation. Digitising the enterprise enables companies to gain competitive advantage, improve time to market and customer experience.
At Version 1, we see Cloud and Digital as belonging to a continuum of services that drive our customers’ Digital Transformation programmes. Our services span Enterprise Workload Cloud Migrations through to UX-led Application Modernisation across both Commercial and Public Sectors.
Version 1 has grown significantly in the last five years in particular and will continue to do so. This is an opportunity to join an expanding business of 1800 people, with deepening relationships with our technology partners and a number of successful large implementations in both public and private sector and a growing customer base.
We are looking for a senior Business Development Director with a pedigree in Professional Services Sales to Enterprise scale customers to join our team in Ireland. The role has a strong entrepreneurial flavour and will suit an individual who has the drive to carve out their own ‘business within a business’ while having the support of a successful sales and marketing team behind them. The role will especially suit a person who has previously built a successful sales career at a Systems Integrator/Managed Services provider through the development of partner channels (e.g. AWS, Microsoft, Oracle or complementary Service/Solution Partners) as a route to market. You will naturally be a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimum direction.
- Whilst you will be assigned a number of existing Enterprise customers to develop, your primary responsibility will be to ‘land and expand’ new Enterprise customers who are ready to drive digital and systems transformation using the power of digital & cloud through:
- Working with internal Version 1 experts in the areas of Digital & Cloud Transformation and Application Modernisation.
- Working with Version 1 partners, to create fresh and effective go to market campaigns, e.g. Legacy Application Modernisation, Digital Transformation Acceleration, Cloud Migration, ML enabled Analytics etc.
- Whilst digital & cloud will be your primary focus, should you identify other opportunities in your accounts, e.g. ERP, you can also progress such deals through to conclusion.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals and the active management of your forecast and the full sales cycle for each deal you deliver.
- Contract negotiation covering consulting services, fixed price development and managed services contracts.
- As you build your portfolio of customers, we would anticipate that this will create meaningful relationships with your commercial counterparts in our strategic partners. Such relationships if fostered correctly will lead to further new business opportunity for you and Version 1.
- 10 - 15 years’ experience in IT professional services sales with a demonstrable track record in selling services related to at least one of digital transformation, application modernisation and cloud services.
- A demonstrable track record of sales with achievement of at least 3 out of the last 4 years on/exceeding target.
- Personal Attributes:
- Massive drive and a genuine, authentic commitment to our 6 Core Values.
- Ability to absorb our customer success stories and communicate them as proof points.
- Ability to ‘sell internally’ by building relationships of mutual respect with your counterparts in our delivery practices, our partner team and marketing team.
- Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with an agreeable phone manner.
- Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” and “roll my sleeves up when needed” attitude.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
UK&I Strategic Talent Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...