Version 1 Dublin
Senior Data Engineer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1500+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
Due to continued success and growth, we are expanding our development team and are now looking for a Senior Data Engineer to support the design and development of data solutions that enable the delivery of the client’s analytical objectives. The successful candidate will be part of the Data Engineering team.
· Work with the Data Engineering Manager and in collaboration with business teams to define and deliver data solutions that enable and enhance reporting and analytical capabilities.
· Design, develop, test, tune, deploy data pipeline solutions and hand off to support teams to operate.
· Interface with key business stakeholders to gather data integration requirements and develop solutions accordingly.
· Contribute to the logical/physical design and development of new/existing data marts/models.
· Maintain up to date Technical and Operational documentation
· Manage task list and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following an Agile Scrum methodology
· Work as key member of the core team to support the timely and efficient delivery of critical data integration deliverables.
· 5+ years hands on experience as an ETL/DWH developer with strong knowledge in designing, developing, and delivering end-to-end data integration processes for large scale data warehouses.
· Experience in design, development and deployment of data warehouses or relational/analytical/multi-dimensional data marts
· Strong understanding of BI principles, architectures, and enterprise scale BI solutions
· Experience with enterprise scale ETL/ETL solutions such as SSIS, IBM DataStage
· Experience developing data solutions on AWS (AWS Glue, Spectrum, Redshift, RDS)
· Advanced RDBMS experience particularly Oracle and MS SQL Server including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy etc.
· Exposure to and direct experience with AWS Redshift a distinct advantage
· Exposure to DWH appliance platforms such as Teradata, Netezza, MS APS advantageous
· Programming experience; with Python, Perl, or SPARK advantageous
· Knowledge of enterprise BI platforms such as Tableau, Qlikview, JasperSoft etc.
· Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM is desirable
· Full project lifecycle experience, from initial concept through to deployment and support.
· Third level IT qualification or equivalent experience
· Post-graduate qualifications (in related discipline) would be advantageous.
· Customer focused.
· Have excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
· A multi-tasker
· A strong collaborator and relationship builder
· A problem solver
· A team player that can work independently and think creatively.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...