Version 1 Redditch
ERP Business Development Manager
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to our expansion plans, we are looking to hire an ERP business development manager to work with our Applications Unlimited Commercial team to drive and develop further our strong footing in the JDE, EBS and ERP Cloud domains for clients in a wide range of sectors, including Public and Private Sector Customers.
The role will sell solutions which will be delivered by our ERP Practice, which has c400 very experienced Consultants delivering ERP Cloud, EBS and JDE solutions across the UK, Ireland and beyond, both on customer site and offsite at our offices.
This role is for a dynamic and enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join the UK team, specialising in the sale of Oracle Applications (JD Edwards, EBS & ERP Cloud) services and solutions to existing and new clients – both one-off consulting projects, upgrades and recurring managed services. The role has a strong entrepreneurial flavour and will suit an individual who has the drive to carve out their own niche while having the support of successful sales, pre-sales, marketing and delivery teams.
You will be an excellent communicator who knows how to work with senior level stakeholders. You will have a track record of selling IT business-led solutions in ERP, ideally Oracle Applications. You will naturally be a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimum direction.
Primary responsibility will be to drive sales through working with existing customers and new business:
- Identification of new opportunities and markets for the ERP Practices through market knowledge, customer relationship development and leverage of the Version 1 network, through targeted marketing campaigns, events and direct calling initiatives.
- Working with Version 1 technology partners and specialists (primarily Oracle)
- Account Management and development of existing Version 1 customer base through strategic account planning
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals and the active management of the full sales cycle.
- Contract negotiation covering license/hardware sales, consulting services, fixed price applications development and managed services contracts, with the support of the relevant teams.
- You will work closely with the existing ERP delivery and sales team members on a co-ordinated approach to maximise success for Version 1 and delivery for our customers.
You will have:
- Significant experience in the IT industry working in Sales and/or Account Management
- Experience of successfully selling ERP solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK Market with either private or public sector focus
- Experience of business development/sales processes
- A demonstrable understanding of the ERP software life cycle from envisioning to solution implementation to managed services.
- A clear and demonstrable track record of sales with achievement of at least 3 out of the last 4 years on/exceeding target.
- Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work and collaborate productively across sales, marketing, sales support and customer delivery teams, even when under pressure
- Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” attitude.
- Native-level fluency in English.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events.
Version 1 UK & I Strategic Talent Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...