Version 1 Dublin
Azure API Developer
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1300+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
Version 1 is looking for a flexible, motivated Azure API Developer who has experience working within a client facing onsite role. The API Developer will be designing APIs which expose in a secure manner on-premises and cloud services. They will be automating the deployments of APIs in API Management, seamlessly moving between environments. They will engage with both technical and operations teams, gathering requirements for new APIs.
- Be an excellent communicator and influencer.
- Experience in Azure API Management with deep understanding of API Management configuration, usage and appropriate use cases
- Should be very strong in creating/ defining Swagger specs for REST APIs
- Should understand REST principles.
- Hands on experience using Advanced policies.
- Should be very strong in REST APIs, SOAP, JSON, XML
- Should be very strong in REST and SOAP Security including OAUTH, SAML, token etc.
- Strong understanding of Azure APIM architecture and platform design.
- Good understanding of PowerShell
- Be comfortable with hands on development on Azure.
- Recent hands-on experience with DevOps toolset.
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such including Azure AD or AD B2C.
- Desirable to have familiarity with other Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings such as AKS, Service Bus, Functions, CosmosDB, Logic Apps.
- Desirable to have strong familiarity with one or more OO languages such as Java or C#
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Be able to work under pressure and successfully manage a very diverse and demanding workload combined with an ability to work autonomously.
- Be comfortable and capable of communicating with all levels of people within and outside the business, both written and verbal, and with a high level of professionalism
- Be analytical with a keen eye for detail and demonstrated experience in developing new ideas to improve processes.
- 5+ years of application development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- A passion for coding and keeping up to date with new technologies, frameworks, and techniques.
- Degree or equivalent practical experience
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...