Version 1 Birmingham
Senior Azure Data Developer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
We are looking for a passionate, highly motivated, experienced Azure Data Developer to work on Azure Cloud Solutions. This role requires exceptional interpersonal skills as you engage with technical and business stakeholders equally through executives to operational roles. You will be helping understand and define business problems, design solutions and roadmaps, and drive projects from inception (or impasse!) to successful implementation and/or live service.
What will you be doing:
You will be responsible for the design of solutions using Version 1’s approach to Data and Analytics. This will include:
- Provide key design and team mentorship alongside deep SME expertise as needed.
- Understanding the information needs of our customers and defining the technology solutions to address them.
- Review of specific integration requirements and production of the suitable specification.
- Leading the creation of required designs and implementing solutions.
- Defining standards and reference architectures for Version 1 data solutions.
- Design of enterprise-scale Data Lake, Data Fabric, and Data Warehouse solutions.
- Specification of ETL pipelines, data integration and data migration approaches.
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
- Deal with other stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, testing etc.
- Experienced in designing solutions, fault tolerance and carry out compensating actions against failures in the external systems would be highly advantageous.
What skills and experience do you need:
- You will be working with the best practice design principles and patterns in system integration, service-orientated architectures, and event-based programming and micro-service areas would be highly desirable.
- Working in a DevOps development environment
- Data integration work in extract-transform-load scenarios for Data Warehouses & Data Lakes
What technical skills will do you have:
- Experience of C#/.NET, .NET Core, Azure DevOps, Azure PaaS, Unit Testing
- Experience of the Azure Cloud Platform
- Senior-level experience of one of the following integration Technologies: Azure Integration Services, Mulesoft, BizTalk
- Senior-level experience with one or more of the following integration standards as possible: SOAP, WS-*, Rest
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies: AKS, Docker, Kubernetes, Cosmos DB, API Management, App Gateway, Azure AD, Azure Data Explorer, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, KeyVault, Azure Service Bus, Azure Networking, Azure Storage
- Knowledge of one or more of the following identity technologies as possible: AD (Ideal), Azure AAD (Ideal), OKTA
- Knowledge of one or more of the following platforms: JDE, Oracle EBusiness, SAP, Salesforce, Dynamics 365
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...