Version 1 Dublin
Azure DevOps Engineer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company that provide world-class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 is more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft, and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
As a Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer, you will join an expanding team with a broad range of enterprise scale customers and projects. You’ll have experience in interacting with customers, contributing to the development and implementation of DevOps projects aligned with industry best practices.
You will ideally have 2 - 3 years’ experience working with customers leveraging DevOps processes and tooling to deliver solutions in public cloud environments. You will work with customers to identify optimum solutions, developing Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipelines for IaC delivery as well as continuous integration and delivery of applications to public cloud services.
You will have a broad range of experience of both IaaS and PaaS services in public cloud environments including knowledge of best practice configuration and security. The role will require you to effectively collaborate with your peers and customers, contributing on the delivery and adoption of DevOps practices to deliver best of breed solutions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementation of DevOps processes and tooling for the delivery of IaaS and PaaS services in the public cloud for customers
- Contribute to technical decisions and provide technical direction in a collaborative team environment
- Implementation of continuous configuration management solutions
- Implementation of CI/CD pipelines for the delivery of applications to public cloud services
- Contribution to solution design and creation of best practice standards
- Creation of project documentation
- Transition of projects to Version 1 Managed Services
You will have:
- Consultancy experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience delivering solutions in the public cloud leveraging automation and DevOps
It is essential that you have strong, in-depth, and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Experience in Azure DevOps or equivalent, PowerShell, Terraform and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet
- Experience of Azure PaaS services
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Building, testing, automating, monitoring and supporting significant components within a modern digital service platform in production environments.
- Implementation of designs that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure, cost-effective and minimise lock-in.
- Implementing modern CI/CD processes for releasing software
- Excellent customer facing communication, presentation skills and technical writing capability for tender responses, bids and proposals.
It is highly desirable that you have good knowledge and understanding of the following platforms and their deployment:
- Azure Components (AKS, ACR, App Services, SQL, Key Vault, API Manager, Virtual Machines, Storage, RBAC, NSGs)
- Monitoring (Azure monitor, App Insights, Log Analytics and Dynatrace)
- Azure Security
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...