Version 1 Birmingham
Head of Product
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this is seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
An exciting opportunity exists to join our rapidly growing Digital, Data and Cloud team as a Product Practice Lead, in a burgeoning Product area.
You will be a driven technology leader who is passionate about helping customers understand and solve business problems to drive better outcomes leveraging innovative, cloud-native technology on your team's assignments.
You will be a leader who believes in the power of teamwork, who can win the hearts and minds of your team(s) and those around you over to the innovative approaches that drive growth in your domain. You will be comfortable conversing with and tailoring your message for a range of customer-side and internal stakeholders, from your team through to C-suite. You will be capable of contributing to bids, including bid-writing and pitching for new work.
You will understand and appreciate our Strength in Balance, which promotes Customer Success (excellent customer experience, proactive engagement), Strong Organisation (prudent P&L management), and Empowered People (developing people). Our Core Values are incredibly important to us, guiding everything we do, and will resonate with you.
- Growing the Product area by helping customers identify opportunities to deliver improved business outcomes, designing and driving the implementation of those solutions
- Growing & retaining the Product team(s) with appropriate skills and experience to deliver high-quality services to Version1 customers.
- Supporting and developing our people, including learning & development, certification & career development plans
- Leading team in the definition of best practices & repeatable methodologies in Product
- Ensure joined-up approach with Portfolio Directors, Delivery Managers, Practice Leads across Version 1.
- Working with colleagues in the commercial team to improve service offerings and drive pre-sales conversations with customers
As well as leadership we will be looking for someone to be involved in the following:
- Responsible for directing, leading and driving business solutions that meet client or service needs
- Ensure the services or workstreams are joined up and meeting the service/business vision
- Expected to use your knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for the delivery teams based on feedback from the client
- Works closely with the delivery team to develop and deliver a strategy for adding value to the product or service, ensuring that expectations are managed proactively and any issues arising are dealt with promptly and appropriately
- Focus on outcomes, not solutions. Bold and can develop ambitious visions and strategies. They can translate the vision into prioritised deliverable goals
- Manages and motivates assignment teams and projects, ensuring that all have clear objectives, receive regular feedback on performance
- GDS / Government Digital Service experience
- Exposure and experience of growing and building a Product team including line management
- Experience of working in a consultancy or a services provider
- A wide variety of consultancy experience covering some specialities e.g. digital, cloud and or data
- Experience of supporting and developing people, including learning & development, certification & career development plans
- Experience of many industries including the Technology within the Public Sector
- Good Business Insight experience
- Experience of working with several clients including a number of senior leaders within those clients e.g. board or senior level
- Good commercial understanding with an excellent grasp of business project dynamics
- Experience of a Product career and the ability to work at this level
- Presales, bids and tenders experience
- Experienced Product Leader, Manager, Principal or ideally Head of Product
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...