Version 1 Bengaluru
Senior Technologist (AWS)
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
In this brand-new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed Cloud and Digital Centre of Excellence focused on designing and implementing solutions which incorporate best of breed technologies, frameworks, and best practices. This provides a unique opportunity for people who are passionate about technology and have a deep commitment to code quality and best practices to build something special and make a real difference to our business and to our customer’s business. You will get to work with some of the brightest people in our organisation who are industry thought leaders and build cutting-edge solutions. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights. This is a techie’s dream role!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mentoring other team members in clean code/TDD
- Setting the standard for excellence in code quality
- Helping the team technically with delivery using technologies new to them
- Presenting designs to relevant stakeholders including customer
- Evaluating and recommending external products and services that may meet the customer's requirements.
- Ensuring the designs meet architecture, governance and customer requirements
- Ensuring design solutions meet service and operational requirements
- Engaging with the software development lifecycle, providing design and technical coaching to project business analysts, solutions architects, development teams, test management and project managers.
- Develop best of breed solutions.
- Work in an Agile environment where you will be challenged and motivated.
- Support and advocate Centre of Excellence to wider org
- Introducing/suggesting new processes and techniques.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Excellence
- Core Java with recent experience on Java 8/11 (12 years+).
- AWS (3+ years)
- Design & implemented cloud-native applications on AWS.
- Spring Boot
- Microservice Architectures
- Ability and desire to quickly pick up new technologies, languages, and tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about code quality and best practices is an absolute must
- Must show evidence of your passion for technology and continuous learning
- Good team player
- RedHat OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Elastic Stack
- AWS certification
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above, and looking to play a leading part in a highly motivated and driven team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...