Version 1 Redditch
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
Due to continued success and growth, we are expanding our development team and are now looking for a Data Engineer to support the design and development of data solutions that enable the delivery of the client’s analytical objectives. The successful candidate will be part of the Data Engineering team.
- Work with the Data Engineering Manager and in collaboration with business teams to define and deliver data solutions that enable and enhance reporting and analytical capabilities.
- Design, develop, test, tune, deploy data pipeline solutions and hand off to support teams to operate.
- Interface with key business stakeholders to gather data integration requirements and develop solutions accordingly.
- Contribute to the logical/physical design and development of new/existing data marts/models.
- Maintain up to date Technical and Operational documentation
- Manage task list and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following an Agile Scrum methodology
- Work as key member of the core team to support the timely and efficient delivery of critical data integration deliverables.
- Experience as an ETL/DWH developer with strong knowledge in designing, developing, and delivering end-to-end data integration processes for large scale data warehouses.
- Experience in design, development and deployment of data warehouses or relational/analytical/multi-dimensional data marts
- Strong understanding of BI principles, architectures, and enterprise-scale BI solutions
- Experience with enterprise-scale ETL/ETL solutions such as SSIS, IBM DataStage
- Experience developing data solutions on AWS (AWS Glue, Spectrum, Redshift, RDS)
- Advanced RDBMS experience particularly Oracle and MS SQL Server including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy etc.
- Programming experience; with Python, Perl, or SPARK advantageous
- Knowledge of enterprise BI platforms such as Tableau, Qlikview, JasperSoft etc.
- Full project lifecycle experience, from initial concept through to deployment and support
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...