Version 1 Belfast
Senior Delivery Manager
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
Version 1 is rewarding with plenty of room for growth, but it is also challenging and will test your skills to ensure you get the most from your role so that you always feel that your career is progressing. If this sounds appealing to you, you could be a great fit for our latest role
Your role as Delivery Manager role will be responsibility for customer engagements/projects for one or more customers (either resource augmentation engagements or project delivery responsibility) and will direct the team involved in these engagements, to deliver the required outcome, and in so doing, deliver the required Projects operation gross profit (GP) target.
You will report to the Portfolio Director to support the delivery team while generally delegating the responsibility for project delivery (timeline, scope, budget, customer expectations) to a Project/Programme Manager. They will retain the accountability for quality outcomes.
The role is highly varied and agile, evolving over time as the practice does and it will enable you to gain broad experience across delivery, commercial and business support and has the potential to be a key enabling role which will accelerate practice growth and success.
This role will enable you to gain a lot of experience and understanding of practice management, mobilisation and operations. It will provide opportunity and potential to develop into a key Version 1 leader as the practice evolves and grows
The Delivery Manager is responsible for the achievement of agreed GP targets working closely with the Portfolio Director/Account Manager.
- In addition, the role is responsible for the attainment and retention of customer satisfaction during the project engagement where this is an initial/only Version 1 engagement. The Delivery Manager has with the commercial responsibility of creating new opportunities within his/her customer set. This will entail the selling/creation of opportunities to keep Version 1 engaged with the customer ideally in a more strategic value add role. Finally, they are responsible for ensuring a smooth, seamless transition into Support or Managed Services/SRG (as applicable) once the project is complete.
- You will escalate issues or seek the involvement of appropriate Version 1 stakeholders when required. The Delivery Manager will be expected to exercise sound judgement when the Commercial team need to be involved in a commercial opportunity, when an issue needs to be escalated to the Portfolio Director, Practice Head or Version 1 director level and when SRG or SDMs need to be involved (consulted/mobilised).
- This role carries with it the implicit obligation to promote and deliver on both the Consulting and Version 1 corporate agenda. As a key part of the management team, the Portfolio Director will champion the Core Values and will support operations (reporting, controls, forecasting inputs and overall governance).
- You will be required to work closely with the Commercial team. They should actively drive demand across their customer base to develop new and existing opportunities. They should also support efforts to challenge for new opportunities. This may include bid work, proposition development, creating reusable collateral and participating in Sales meetings with customers/prospective customers
- Resource planning and management including roll-on and roll-off of resources, raising RFRs, and ESRs as appropriate.
- Staff Engagement and management (General communication to teams to update and enforce company themes, meeting and supporting team members as required).
- General administration for staff where there’s line-management responsibility (e.g. Quarterly Reviews and various approvals)
- The role may include an element of charged activity where the experience and expertise aligned with customer knowledge make them a suitable trusted advisor.
- The Delivery Manager is a key member of the team, collectively leading on growth, customer satisfaction and staff engagement in Ireland.
- On time, on budget (GP) project deliverables for ‘owned’ customer projects
- Delivery of GP targets
- Active participation in customer project bids and sales activities to drive and secure consulting demand and the creation of further opportunities, within nominated customer engagements
- Recruitment/appointment of consultants in cooperation with TechX and Portfolio Director
- Attainment and retention of customer satisfaction for engagements, where a given project is the first/only Version 1 engagement. Where this is not the case the Portfolio Director will be expected to be a strong contributor to and influencer of customer satisfaction
- Drive and Promote Value Add initiatives on customer engagements
Please note that you must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom
- This is a role for someone with a proven ability and history of ‘getting things done’.
- You’ll be a self-starter who will identify what needs to be done, take ownership and drive things to conclusion with minimal oversight. You’ll have a good awareness of when there is a need to escalate and when to just press on with things.
- You’ll be able to influence, support and drive others who do not have a reporting line to you as much of what you’ll need to deliver in your own will need support from multiple departments and portfolios across Version 1
- You’ll have some project management skills or as a minimum be a proven organiser and shaper with a history of delivering on time and to budget.
- Project management experience within a software development consultancy is ideal.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Lead
We are an equal opportunities employer. Learn more at: https://www.version1.com/careers/diversity-inclusion-belonging/
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...