Version 1 Redditch
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 is looking for an experienced consultant to join its Managed Services team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and supporting Database Server solutions for mid to enterprise level organisations. We are looking for an individual who enjoys a fast pace, can prioritise workload, and is eager to gain industry experience. You will have solid background in Oracle technologies.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to progress their existing skills with a leading Oracle Platinum Partner working with cutting edge technologies.
You'll work within a team of experienced Oracle and SQL Server DBA/Developers, exercising and developing the wide range of necessary skills that distinguishes a rounded consultant:
- The technical ability to problem solve complex issues.
- The flexibility to move between clients, projects, technologies.
- A collaborative team member.
- Develops understanding of clients business, applications and users.
- Effectively communicate technical issues to business users.
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement continuous service improvements.
- Client facing skills.
- Oracle Database Administration and Support.
- Preparing the inventory, preparing and proving procedures, looking at pre-requisites, training and identifying the migration approach for migrations to be conducted.
- Full migration lifecycle activities including, but not limited to detailed analysis, design, development, test, user acceptance test support and production implementation.
- Identifying and correcting performance issues, reviewing systems and error logs, storage management, backups, job monitoring, optimization efforts, data integrity analysis and resolving database contention issues.
- The migration of pre-production and production database services.
Where application remediation is required, the migration of development and/or system test database services.
- 5 years minimum Database experience in Oracle environments.
- Good performance tuning and optimization skills.
- Solid experience with disaster recovery methods and capacity planning.
- Worked in a large database environment.
- Some data modelling experience.
- Experience with third party backup and monitoring tools.
- Oracle replication an advantage.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, partitioning and statistics
- T-SQL, SQL, SSIS Oracle RDBMS 12c Oracle RAC Red Hat Linux skills would be good to have.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle complex change and prioritize key activities.
- Knowledge of Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Ability to apply full stack patch on Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Optimisation and best practice on Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Migration experience to Oracle Exadata Database Machine, on-premise, Exadata Cloud @ Customer or Exadata Cloud Services
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...