Version 1 Dublin
Senior UX Consultant
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
We are looking for a Senior UI/UX consultant to design software and platforms that meet our client’s needs. You should be able to lead workshops and gather the business requirements, any technical limitations, and translate these into coherent designs utilising user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
You will be part of an Agile team and work directly with the product owners, end-users, and development teams to define, refine, and implement new processes and products.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Work with business stakeholders in defining user requirements and processes.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, mock-ups and proof of concepts (POCs) optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features.
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- 4-5 years’ experience with UI / UX design.
- Link to an online portfolio or PDF of your resume.
- BA/BS in Graphic Design, Architecture, Product Design, Industrial Design, or a related conceptual design field or have additional relevant work experience
- Extensive experience in applying UX design best practices to design solutions
- Deep understanding design approaches, including mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- Experienced in influencing design and shaping organisational strategy and priorities.
- Collaborate with teams in building digital services whilst understanding and prioritising user needs, navigating technology constraints and meeting delivery timescales
- Experienced in aligning multiple channels, services, and products into a coherent, inclusive experience for customers
- Excellent communication skills and able to convey concepts to all levels of audience (C-Level to non-technical user)
- Comfortable facilitating workshops and client engagements to validate designs.
- Excellent commercial awareness and stakeholder management skills, with an ability to become trusted advisor for our customers.
- Experienced in crafting service and product ideas and offerings
- Experience of the Product lifecycle and assessment approach
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Experience creating wireframes, low-fidelity, and high-fidelity interactive prototypes with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision, Balsamiq).
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently and to disregard irrelevant information – to identify similarities and differences in visual configurations
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...