Version 1 Remote, United Kingdom
AWS Practice Lead
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are seeking an experienced AWS Practice Lead to lead Version 1’s AWS Cloud Platform business across UK and Ireland. The position will be working as part of our Digital & Cloud Practice and working alongside our Digital, Data and Cloud Platform Practice Leads. Our Practice is expanding rapidly and there will be an opportunity for you to achieve medium and long-term career goals and also shape the Practice’s strategic direction in regard of AWS solutions and service lines.
The role of AWS Practice Lead is to own and drive our AWS capabilities both internally and with our customers. This is a senior role involving team management, consultancy, partner management and technical project delivery assurance. You will report directly to the Cloud Platform Practice lead and be responsible for a team of skilled AWS consultants at all levels. Version 1 is an established AWS Partner with multiple competency and partner program accreditations, this role will also focus on the development of further accreditations and partner engagement.
- Technical Presales: Support sales teams, qualify opportunities, customer engagement, tender responses, customer presentations, new business development.
- Team Management: Recruit and build delivery team, establish supplier network, performance management, career path development, staff engagement.
- Strategic Consulting: Early-stage consulting, advisory services, business analysis, technology roadmap, business process transformation, strategic planning.
- Technical Delivery Management: Delivery Assurance oversight, peer review and approval of project artefacts, technical escalation and customer communications
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive experience across architecture, engineering, and cloud technologies.
- Leadership experience; growing a team, managing, coaching, and developing junior members, including performance management activities.
- Experience in strategic planning for business development in AWS technology
- Strong People management experience; performance management, workload distribution, team development, knowledge management.
- Strong leadership, decision-making skills, analytical skills, and documentation skills
- Experience working with the AWS partner channel
- Track record in driving revenue opportunities, including technical pre-sales experience, tender responses, and customer presentations.
- Understanding of the technical and business constraints in large-scale cloud projects. Understanding of how to implement mature DevOps tools and processes. Experience in overcoming resistance to change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...