Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to continued success and growth, we are expanding our delivery team and are now looking for a Product Owner. As the Product Owner you will be responsible for setting direction in the delivery and development team and the wider organisation. You will work closely with teams using Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, DevOps and other advanced technical backgrounds providing them with leadership and direction, ensuring readiness of all aspects of software releases in line with the SDLC process and against our internal standards.
- You will participate in the daily scrums, sprint planning meetings and sprint reviews and retrospectives. You will ensure the next sprint is ready to commence. You will inspect the product’s progress at the end of every sprint and have complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- You will work with the Product Manager to evolve the Product Backlog through the full cycle including sales and implementation.
- You will have the ability to connect all stakeholders, possibly in different locations, to create and fully form product features.
- You will initiate and translate product road map into manageable product backlog for Scrum teams
- Liaise with Product Manager to understand the features and changes in product requirements and support the release planning and sprint planning exercises
- Push the Product Manager and pull the team to maintain continuous velocity stream, ensure quality, eliminate escaped defects, and motivate team
- Be able to connect with clients in the definition and creation of Product features.
- Distil inputs from a variety of user representatives / stakeholders to create a complete picture of the market problems to be solved by the proposed software.
- Challenge stakeholders to ensure that an understanding is achieved that is coherent, complete, credible, sufficiently concrete to facilitate the development of software, and that the principles underlying the domain are identified and described.
- Define in detail the capabilities required by the product as visible to buyers and users of the AdminSuite. Use wireframes, domain models and other artefacts as vehicles for further developing the system requirement, soliciting feedback from market participants, customers and other stakeholders.
- Create artefacts to reflect and communicate their discoveries and proposals in a manner that ensures high quality, and highly efficient knowledge transfer occurs, facilitating informed collaboration amongst the stakeholders from both the customer / market and the engineering perspectives.
- Define software capabilities to meet the understood requirements including usability, utilising artefacts that provide engineering with sufficient guidance to ensure progress. Expert knowledge of the existing capabilities of the suite and planning for its future evolution must inform this.
- Own the acceptance of delivered software meeting capabilities as envisioned.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner in a related discipline with a software product vendor
- Absence management / insurance / financial services domain experience an advantage.
- Good process analysis and mapping skills, comfort with complex business domain modelling.
- Expert at uncovering and solving market problems. Strong business analysis skills. The ability to provide an accurate assessment of a feature’s business value.
- Ability to envisage software features that solve market problems and that can be implemented at feasible levels of cost and risk.
- An understanding of how technology can be leveraged for business benefit. The ability to quickly assess the technical feasibility / relative cost of solution options.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and working knowledge of Agile methodologies e.g. Kanban, Scrum, SAFe an advantage.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...