Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 is looking for a flexible, motivated Solution Architect with agile experience working within a client facing role onsite with clients.
The Solution Architect will be working with architects, technologists, and development teams with the responsibility to ensure that our products and solutions integrate with our clients.
- Working predominantly as part of an Agile Delivery Team, will have responsibility for upfront understanding of required Business Outcomes and the overall design required to support delivery of same.
- Working with customer, product owner and end-users to elicit requirements and assist in developing design specifications in the short-to-medium term, while aligning to longer term architecture design.
- Developing effective, logical, conceptual, and physical designs in conjunction with the wider IT development and support team (including security team).
- Ongoing engagement and design leadership required for a team of developers (both customer and 3rd party developers), across multiple applications.
- Identify opportunities to add value to the customer in the management and delivery of its IT landscape.
- Lead on the setting and enforcement of architecture standards and practices affecting development of all new products as well as impacting existing ones. Develop these standards in coordination with peers in other divisions.
- Manage and continuously improve the Solution Architecture process and artefacts to develop a set of re-usable reference architectures and ensure these are leveraged wherever possible.
- Manages on-site, near-shore, off-shore technical resources within project schedule.
- Architect and provide technical direction for our approach for cloud/SaaS and on-premises products.
- Research new technologies, including hands-on technical evaluation and POCs.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Be an excellent communicator and influencer.
- Understanding of up-to-date software engineering technologies and concepts
- Be able to work under pressure and successfully manage a very diverse and demanding workload combined with an ability to work autonomously.
- Be comfortable and capable of communicating with all levels of people within and outside the business, both written and verbal, and with a high level of professionalism
- Be analytical with a keen eye for detail and demonstrated experience in developing new ideas to improve processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- 10+ years of experience in information technology
- 7 + years’ experience in Solution Architect role in busy IT environment
- Extensive Solution Design, development, and delivery experience, and experience delivering within Enterprise Transformation Programmes
- Working knowledge of Common Architectural Patterns – particularly API-driven design and microservices.
- Experience working as part of an Agile Delivery Team.
- Experience of designing for Identity Access Management solutions.
- Working knowledge of AWS architecture and solution design.
- Hands-on experience designing cloud-native, serverless solutions
- Working knowledge of Spring boot, Microservices and Java frameworks.
- Experience with client-facing consultancy.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in both legacy corporate solution architecture approaches as well as experience pivoting to cloud approach.
- Knowledge of Solution Architecture, with practical experience of applying TOGAF or other architecture framework methodologies to IT.
- In-depth knowledge of high-level Web Applications.
- A passion for coding and keeping up to date with new technologies, frameworks and techniques.
- Experienced with internal and external cloud technologies, Certifications in Cloud, and track record of application migrations to cloud.
- AWS Certifications a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...