Version 1 Dublin
Senior Java with AWS Developer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Tripti Lal Chandwani
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
We are looking for a Senior Developer where you will be working with a team of engineers and testers to create solutions and deliver both mobile and web applications to our clients.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of high-quality delivery, combined with a keen appetite for all aspects of software development. These roles are working with greenfield projects where you will have the opportunities to recommend and champion the use of new technologies whether for direct use in products or in supporting the development lifecycle. You should be hands on, able to contribute individually and should have experience with in a fast pace dynamic environment.
- Implement solutions as per technical design and participate in design activities as required
- Planning and estimation of development tasks as part of the SCRUM team and strive for accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Participate in the full development lifecycle of new functionality and enhancements on greenfield and existing applications
- Commitment to producing high quality, highly performant and robust software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality standards
- Participate in changes, and continuous improvements to existing software development, testing and deployment processes
- Ability to work hands on in a fast-paced, agile work environment supporting your colleagues as required
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with multiple business and technical teams
- 5+ years’ experience in software development (Java, .Net, Python etc), ideally at least 2+ years of which was working with Java as the principal technology used.
- Experience working in a cross functional Scrum team in an agile environment
- Strong database and MySQL development experience
- Hands-on experience with AWS technologies a strong advantage
- React/Angular experience a advantage
- A willingness and enthusiasm to improve and develop new skills and learn new technologies
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both written and verbal
- Constantly improve the products, through feedback and input on the product pipeline and roadmap
- Experience building cloud native or serverless applications an advantage
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Related degree qualification (comp sci, engineering, etc)
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...