Version 1 Dublin
Technical Business Analyst
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1500+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
We are expanding our delivery team and are now looking for a Technical Business Analyst who combines experience in working through functional BA responsibilities and also technical experience with SQL querying and data warehousing to work closely with a Delivery team using Agile methodologies and play a key role in this digital transformation project.
- Agree and document business requirements in high-quality user stories.
- Work closely with Business, Product Management, Project Managers, Architects, and Product Owners as required to deliver detailed functional requirements and process definitions.
- Produce and prioritize user stories and obtain clarification on business requirements.
- Support key stakeholders in the identification and resolution of the issue.
- Facilitate and lead team interactions and communications through regular workshops.
- Ensure full alignment between various internal and external teams and gain agreement to the desired outcomes.
- Ensure high quality by performing testing activities to confirm that software developed meets acceptance criteria for the user stories.
- Ability to analyze key areas of improvements to processes and tools.
- Experience in mapping and documenting the ‘As Is’ and the desired outcomes to show the `To be’ processes.
- Produce both process and data flow maps as required identifying timings, functional responsibilities, etc.
- Ability to self-manage the business analysis activity through to completion.
- 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst in asset management systems as well as process analysis skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/Technology/Engineering or related degree
- Experience SQL DB (querying and data warehousing) *must have 3 years expeirence
- Self-starter with a passion for quickly learning and implementing new concepts.
- Leadership and collaborative interpersonal skills to engage and motivate team members.
- Strong relationship-building and communications skills with the ability to present ideas and concepts coherently to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to own and manage content with responsibility for ensuring it is up to date.
- Proactive in handling issues, risks, dependencies, and escalations
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to prioritize tasks, work with schedules, manage resources while remaining focused on team goals skills (organizing meetings/calls and coordinating activities)
- Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment and motivating others to provide innovative solutions for team improvement.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...