Version 1 Redditch
Mobile Application Developer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 have a great reputation for Digital Applications delivery. Due to our growth trajectory, we are now seeking a number of talented, driven and ambitious Mobile Application Developers to help drive innovation and product delivery within one of our key clients.
These exciting opportunities for a Mobile Application Developer to not only work with some of the best developers in the emerging digital technologies, delivering critical new applications and integration solutions but you will also have the opportunity to enhance your skills and development expertise.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering across a range of technologies across enterprise level projects/programmes and have experience with the Spring framework.
It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights.
Version 1 designs, implements, and manages a range of enterprise level Java and digital solutions on behalf of our clients. We are searching for a motivated, driven person with a strong fit to our Core values and with the ability to apply their technical knowledge and experience to our client’s programme of work and teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of cutting-edge Distributed Systems and API’s. You will be working with a range of technical experts as well as with knowledge leaders from the business, giving you exposure to an industry sector embracing innovation and evolution.
The role will be UK based and SC eligible.
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Developer with experience in:
- Coding new developments and/or enhancements.
- Design mobile applications, web applications, systems, or processes.
- Quality assures program specifications and code.
- Create functional design documentation.
- Adhere to code quality and unit testing standards
- Identify and implement integration tests, automating tests where appropriate.
- Investigate and manage complex Live Incidents.
- Coordinate or escalate defects / problems.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Coordinate team or release activities.
- Create and demonstrate prototypes/screen designs.
- Supervise and coach junior resources.
- Provide input to governance and status reports.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning the design and delivery of your code from cradle to grave.
- Peer reviewing your teammate’s code
- Being a key player in this client’s Digital Transformation – both implementing changes to existing APIs and developing new ones to integrate with the latest digital stack.
- Developing new and be-spoke features as well as working on large scale integrations
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment where you will be challenged and motivated
- Work to maintain and provide the production support
- Calling out risks if you spot them in a particular approach or design.
- 3 years + of Android development
- Experience in hybrid app development and in integrating the mobile apps with Rest API’s.
- Knowledge/experience of delivery methodologies, application development lifecycle, and delivery models.
- Technical solution design skills to allow the analyst to determine the optimum solution using the correct blend of technologies to meet a set of defined requirements
Additional skills we are looking for include:
- Java Spring Framework
- GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Ansible, DevOps, Bash & Python ScriptingUnit testing with Mockito and integration testing with FitNesse, Spock or similar
- Java-based web services e.g., ReST, SOAP and some knowledge on SSO.
- Relational databases concepts such as SQL, stored procedures, ORM.
- SSL or TLS certificate management.
- Basic knowledge on Azure or any other public cloud.
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above and looking to be part of a technically strong and highly motivated team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...