Version 1 Leeds
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
As a Solution Architect in Version 1, you will play a pivotal role in the success of Version 1 and the expansion of our business. You will be working collaboratively to deliver digital transformation, application modernisation or product development solutions. Using your background in engineering you will work with the stakeholders and development teams to create "Customer First" solutions, bringing innovation and using modern technology.
- Creating solutions including digital transformation, app modernisation, product development.
- Working across architecture, engineering, integration and platforms (AWS & Azure)
- Mentor development teams to resolve technical challenges, and ensure effective implementation of non-functional requirements
- Solution Design and development using common approaches e.g., restful APIs, Integration patterns, Microservices, software architecture & design principles.
- Using public cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS.
- Presales activities including written bid responses, formal presentations to customers and work package estimation
- Mentoring and coaching members of your team and the wider community
- Knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and externally where appropriate
- Proven breath of experience and accountability across various types of technology deliveries e.g., digital transformation, app modernisation, product development.
- Proven experience across architecture, engineering, integration, and cloud (AWS, Azure) technologies.
- Practical engineering background, you can mentor development teams, resolve technical challenges, and ensure effective implementation of non-functional requirements.
- Extensive Solution Design, development, and delivery experience in diverse and complex environments using common approaches e.g., restful APIs, Integration patterns, Microservices, software architecture & design principles.
- Experience implement solution using public cloud platforms, such as Azure and AWS.
- Ability to make sensible technology choices that balance customer constraints, future technology implications and implementation complexity.
- Ability to communicate technical designs simply and clearly in conversation, documentation and presentations to customers, technical counterparts, and engineering teams.
- Ability to make effective decisions within time-pressured and fast-paced deliveries.
- Presales experience, including written bid responses, formal presentations to customers and work package estimation.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching members of your team and the wider community
- Participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and externally where appropriate.
Before you apply to our Solutions Architect need here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, remote party events and Christmas parties that are now online!
Version 1 is now Digital First meaning remote delivery is always the first option and post-COVID travel will be involved in the role.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...