Version 1 Redditch
Agile Business Analyst
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to on-going expansion, we have an exciting new role for an experienced Business Analyst to work as part of Version 1’s Business Applications Solutions Practice.
You will help define and deliver a series of diverse key projects with the team. The roles present a dynamic and challenging opportunity to an experienced Business Analyst who wants to develop a closer alignment to our customer’s core business.
It's not just our vision to be the most successful Irish IT consultancy ever, here at Version 1 we are already seeing it is truly achievable.
We are seeing unprecedented growth across several of our key practice areas. We are looking for talented individuals, who want a challenging, dynamic workplace environment with honesty & integrity, excellence and drive amongst our core values as well as a strong emphasis on our people and a work life balance.
We are looking to hire a Business Analyst for a permanent role:
- Arrange and conduct meetings, workshops and presentations for a variety of audiences, demonstrating consistently high quality communication, elicitation and persuasive skills.
- Analyse alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Document and map complex business processes and solutions using standard procedures, methods and tools
- Identify areas for improvement, specify requirements and implement recommendations for increasing effectiveness of current business processes.
- Perform root cause analysis of problems and work closely with business users in order to identify and translate their needs into solution designs and systems specifications.
- Produce detailed Business Requirement Specification Documents and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood and signed off prior to development commencement.
- Work closely with developers during the technical design and implementation phases to ensure common understanding, agreement and effective implementation of projects.
- Communicate in a clear and concise fashion to IT and business staff (including senior managers) at all stages of the project lifecycle to gain commitment and minimize the level of resistance to change.
- Support UAT during all phases of testing to ensure requirements as detailed in the Business Requirement Specification document have been delivered and are ready for release.
- Work with IT & Business when new functionality is released to production to ensure a smooth transition to the new process.
- Where necessary devise detailed cut over plans to address potential operational impacts at cutover.
- Strong Business Analysis experience
- Proven track record in producing high-quality Business Requirements Documents, Business Processes Mapping and documentation skills.
- Experience in reviewing Functional and non-functional Specification Documents produced by peers (Peer Review) to ensure they align with Business Requirements Specification document.
- Has worked on both large scale and smaller projects and been responsible for defining and designing business solutions.
- Previous experience with Use Case Scenarios an advantage.
- An understanding of technology and IT systems.
- Good project management skill with the ability to plan and schedule own work and work towards tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills — be able to explain complicated processes and concepts to non-experts.
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...