Version 1 Redditch
Senior Integrations Developer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Providing key design and team leadership alongside deep SME expertise as needed, in all areas of integration and service functionality in the solution. Analysis of specific integration requirements and production of the suitable specification. Leading the creation of required designs and implementing solutions. Knowledge and familiarity with other related application platforms in an on-premise, cloud or hybrid contexts such as Microsoft BizTalk Server, Apigee or MuleSoft, Azure or AWS and a range of relevant technology and integration standards would be highly advantageous. Experienced in designing solutions, fault tolerance and carry out compensating actions against failures in the external systems
Essential Technical Skills:
- Senior-level experience of one of the following integration Technologies: Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, BizTalk (Ideal), Web Methods
- Senior-level experience as many of the following integration standards as possible: SOAP, WS-*, Rest
- Queuing (MQ Series, Service Bus, Amazon SQS, Azure Queues)
- Data Repositories (Amazon S3, Azure Storage)
- Knowledge of as many of the following identity technologies as possible: AD (Ideal), Azure AAD (Ideal), OKTA
- Knowledge of 2 or more of the following ERP’s: SAP, Salesforce, Oracle, Landmark
- Knowledge of as many of the following programming languages: Java, .Net C# (Ideal), Groovie or JS, SQL
- Previous exposure to Azure (ideal) or AWS is a bonus.
- Deep experience with best practice design principles and patterns in system integration, service-orientated architectures, and event-based programming and micro-service areas would be highly desirable.
- Full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) experience particularly with agile-based methodologies.
- Experience of working in dynamic, multi-vendor teams often under demanding timescales.
- Familiarity and experience working in a Dev/Ops development environment.
- Ability to work with very few or very high-level requirements. So business analysis or technical analysis skills.
- Ability so design schemas, Apis and workflows.
- Ability to challenge happy path thinking to draw out business/technical failure or error paths from non-technical users.
- Ability to communicate with many people at different levels. Business Users, Product Vendors, Technical and non-Technical support staff.
Nice to have:
- Familiarisation with Jira, Confluence, Service Now.
- Retail Sector Experience.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...