Version 1 Belfast
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is ranked as 3rd Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running !
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
This is an ideal opportunity to join our growing Belfast office, now with over 400 staff and state-of-the-art offices right opposite Lanyon Place train station. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights.
Version 1 has a great reputation for Digital Applications delivery. Due to our growth trajectory, we are now seeking a number of talented, driven and ambitious Mid-level Java Developers to help drive innovation and product delivery within one of our key clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Java Developer to not only work with some of the best developers in the emerging digital technologies, delivering critical new applications and integration solutions but you will also have the opportunity to enhance your skills and development expertise.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering across a range of Java technologies across enterprise-level projects/programs and have experience with the Spring framework.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of cutting-edge Distributed Systems and API’s. You will be working with a range of technical experts as well as with knowledge leaders from the business, giving you exposure to an industry sector embracing innovation and evolution.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning the design and delivery of your code from cradle to grave.
- Peer reviewing your teammate’s code
- Being a key player in this client’s Digital Transformation – both implementing changes to existing APIs and developing new ones to integrate with the latest digital stack.
- Developing new and be-spoke features as well as working on large scale integrations
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment where you will be challenged and motivated
- Calling out risks if you spot them in a particular approach or design.
- Technical design experience.
- Hands-on Java development experience, in particular with Spring (minimum of 3 years)
- Knowledge of web front end frameworks such as Angular is highly desirable
- You will have worked in an Agile Scrum environment and be comfortable with fast-paced Sprint Cycles
- Any experience with Amazon Web Services or other Cloud-based frameworks is nice to have as this is the direction we are going
Additional skills we are looking for include:
- Spring Framework
- Bash Scripting
- Database and SQL knowledge
- Weblogic 12c or other container technologies
- Unit testing such as Mockito
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above and looking to be part of a technically strong and highly motivated team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
The role will be based in our Belfast office when we can re-open. All remote working currently, but ideally suits someone based in Northern Ireland currently or considering re-location.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and do not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...