Version 1 Redditch
Infrastructure Technical Lead - Red Hat Stack
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 2000 strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
- Lead an infrastructure implementation team on a range of projects within an overall program of work
- Review project technical deliverables for quality
- Work with our Senior Infrastructure and Solution Architects to turn the customers brief into low level technical designs and solutions
- Work with the Infrastructure project manager to develop the required project approach, phases, deliverables, tasks and estimates
- Coordinate with Third Parties (e.g. Networking service provider) to identify project integration touchpoints and agree their scopes of work
The Infrastructure Technical Lead MUST have the following attributes:
- A highly motivated individual with a project consultant and solution orientated mindset
- 5+ years of infrastructure design and consultancy experience
- Strong documentation skills with particular focus on technical designs
- Proven team management, organisational, analytical, risk management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills - can describe complex technical concepts/issues with non-technical stakeholders
Mandatory Technical Skills
Design and consultancy experience in the following:
- Building containerised Microservice Architectures using Kubernetes (ideally Red Hat OpenShift 4.x)
- Building highly available API services (ideally Red Hat 3Scale and SSO)
- DevOps concepts and technologies (e.g. CI/CD pipeline automation)
- Security Concepts and Standards (PCI an advantage)
- Build Automation using Ansible
Desirable Technical Skills
Exposure to other technical components and technologies in the clients estate would be beneficial but not mandatory:
- Redis/Sentinel, Red Hat Data Grid, MariaDB Galera, HA-Proxy, NetScaler services integration, SSL certificates, IdM server management, MSAD integration
- VMware ESXI and SRM
- SAN technologies (ideally EMC VNX5200 family)
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Candidates must hold valid work permit or EU passport.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...