Version 1 Bengaluru
Oracle Applications DBA
Department: Oracle Applications
We are the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
Version 1 is a market leader in Oracle ERP consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and in the Cloud. You will join a 1200 strong, €110/£90m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP through recent strategic acquisitions. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
Version 1 was thrilled to rank as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2019 and winner of six awards (4 Gold and 2 Silver) at the UKOUG Partner of the Year Awards 2019, never has there been a better time to join us in an exciting career in ERP Cloud Consulting.
An opportunity has arisen to work in a dedicated team as a Managed Services Applications DBA. This role will require a very specific skill set and will also carry a requirement to operate as part of a 24/7 support service, therefore willingness to work shift patterns is essential.
The managed services duties will include all the usual monitoring, tuning, maintenance, cloning, patching and other routine deliverables. The role will overlap with cloud services.
1) Must be willing to work in a Shared DBA pool as part of a 24x7x365 Shift Rotation system.
3) Possess good troubleshooting and problem solving skills and have knowledge of interaction between external products and the Oracle eBusiness Suite such as SOA and OBIEE.
4) Be capable of performing Critical Patch Update patches and cloning in both PAAS and IAAS OCI platforms.
5) Must have supported EBS 12.1.3, EBS 12.2 Customers earlier
6) Must have supported Databases 11g and 12c with 19c desirable.
7) Must have supported Single Signon Architectures with both OID/OAM and EBS Asserter SSO implementations and Support for EBS and other Applications.
8) Have a proven track record of supporting Weblogic Platforms such as OBIEE, Informatica, SOA Fusion Middleware Applications would be very beneficial..
9) Have worked closely with infrastructure to troubleshoot resource issues on a Cloud platform.
The candidate will possess and be able to:
- Willingness to work shift patterns to support a 24/7 service.
- Ability to research, learn, troubleshoot, and support complex system customisations.
- Willingness to operate and progress in areas that are outside of previous experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience of working effectively within a team and of displaying good communication skills.
- Excellent mentoring and skills transfer capabilities.
- Organised and self-motivated.
- An ability to adopt and adhere to client policies and procedures.
- Sound negotiation skills.
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Tel: Recruiter Phone
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...