Version 1 Bangalore
Oracle Cloud Reporting Technical Lead
Department: Oracle Applications
Version 1 is ranked as a Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running !
On top of this we won 2 specials awards: Version 1 was welcomed to the Great Place to Work Institution's 'Best Workplace Laureates'. & we won the 'Inspiring Award for 2021' for our #ShadowBoard initiative.
We are the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1800 strong, €200/170m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding Oracle Applications Practice. We are currently ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this last year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
As Technical Lead for our Cloud Reporting team, the role will be leading the development in and technical support of Oracle ERP cloud applications, Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) and client specific BIP Reports, OTBI Reports, FRS Reports and SmartView Reports. You will be expected to deliver high quality client solutions that meet and exceed client and Company expectations. You will manage client solution delivery, including defining the project approach, leading and motivating project teams, monitoring and managing project risks, managing client and key stakeholders, and successfully delivering client solutions. You will be able to Identify new business opportunities, including building strong client relations, understanding client needs and solution offerings, communicating client opportunities to leadership, and helping develop client opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Primary focus on developing customer solutions using Oracle's analytics offerings: Oracle Analytics Cloud, Oracle Data Visualization, Fusion Analytics for Warehouse, OBIEE, OBIA, Machine Learning and Autonomous Data warehouse (ADW).
- Experience in requirement gathering, solution blueprint, performing fit gap analysis, Business process design.
- Experience to translate business analyst requirements into analytics metadata.
- Must have extensive hands on/end to end implementation experience using OAC/OBIEE and BI Publisher.
- Must possess solid knowledge on OBIEE RPD design, development & deployment, and report migration
- Must have experience in designing customized interactive dashboards and reports in OBIEE using drill down, prompts, filters, and variables.
- Expert in using OBIEE Answers to create queries, format views, charts, and add user interactivity and dynamic content to enhance the use experience.
- Experience in configuring OBIEE/OACS security (Authentication and Authorization Object level and Data level security).
- Experience in working with session and repository variable and initialization blocks to streamline administrative tasks and modify metadata content dynamically.
- Experience on working with report performance optimization.
- Experience developing data integration solutions using Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle Data Integration Platform Cloud or similar.
- Experience in developing Dimensional Hierarchies and adding multiple sources to business model objects.
- Experience creating and scheduling alerts and published reporting to provide real-time, personalised, and actionable intelligence data to subscribers.
- Expertise in developing Logical Data Model (Business Model), Metadata and reports including logical columns, aliases, hierarchies, and subject areas.
- Experience in writing complex queries, Stored Procedures in Oracle SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- Determine requirements for aggregate tables, hierarchies, level-based measures etc
- Deep understanding of dimensional data modelling techniques.
- Ability to understand the overall architecture and business context for each project
- Willing to take ownership, responsibility and accountability for team and project decisions.
- Demonstrable Technical Lead experience, including estimating and planning
- Oracle ERP Fusion Cloud, Oracle Analytics Cloud and Oracle E-Business support experience.
- Should have experience in IDCS and Data security Using OAC and OBIEE
- Should have experience in RPD merging catalogue and RPD migration using OAC
- Should have experience in complex Report & Dashboard development using OAC
- Knowledge on Visualization using OAC
- Knowledge loading custom data to OAC.
- Should be well versed with Data warehousing Dimension and fact tables and BI reporting concepts
- Hands on experience in implementing OBIEE
- Good understanding of Oracle BI tools and technologies
- Good Knowledge on building custom ESS jobs
- Technical requirements: OAC Visualization, OAC Replication Flows, OAC Data Sets, OAC Data Models, OAC RPD, OAC Data Flows, OTBI Reports, FRS Reports, SmartView Reports, BIP Analysis, BIP Reports, Dashboards, BPM workflows, Application Composer, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Script, XML Publisher, Oracle Reports, Oracle BI Publisher, OBIEE/OBIA & Java core skills
- Must have good experience translating business requirements and design into technical solutions
- Ability to research, learn, troubleshoot, and support complex system customisations
- Willingness to operate and progress in areas that are outside of previous experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise across concurrent workload may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience estimating project deliverables, effort, risk and cost.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, 24 days annual leave, pension, private medical, flexible working policy, and more.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
All roles are currently remote but MUST be based in the UK for GDPR compliance.
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time. Candidates must be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...