Version 1 Dublin
Senior Test Automation Engineer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are more than just another IT services company - we are 2000+ leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. We are celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our Core Values.
As a Senior QA Test Automation Engineer, you will join as part of a project team, working in conjunction with our operation and project teams you will test new cloud features, influence test architectural decisions for our Test Framework, innovate and propose improvements while also mentoring more junior test engineers.
We are looking for an experienced QA Test Engineer to join our team to ensure the quality of our product and a faster release process. As part of this position, we will be looking for excellent communication and estimation skills.
This is an ideal opportunity to work in a dynamic team, learn and develop skills and increase your knowledge in areas including the Software Development Lifecycle, Test Engineering and Quality Assurance, where you can grow your areas of expertise and take on responsibility during your career progression.
- Ensure the quality of product and faster release process
- Test based on industry best practice and experience. Develop reusable test components and suites.
- Develop Java/JSP based test components within our Test Client and develop/maintain Selenium tests using Java for these components
- Work with and contribute to our Selenium Framework developed in Java.
- Create and maintain Test Cases from Requirements documentation & Specifications that clearly define and verify the acceptability of software
- Experience to identify areas within a feature that might prove problematic to test and identify areas in existing or new features that require more coverage.
- Executing test scripts, test cases for testing enterprise software according to industry best practice.
- Drafting and executing regression scripts. Test & Defect Reporting following industry best practice
- Proving test coverage for service pack releases, including regression and defect verification
- Troubleshoot and analyse issues and suggest viable workarounds, where possible
- Assist with planning and managing the team workload, including providing work estimates, and delivering to these estimates
- Provide detailed planning and tracking information to Scrum Masters, Development leads and Project management
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a development/test role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
- Experience working with Soap UI, Py unit, Negative testing, Even burn down
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and build Automation tools such as Jenkins, Gradle
- Experience working with and deploying software tool
- Experience working with Databases and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Committed to creating readable, reliable, reusable, and maintainable test code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies
- A relevant third level qualification or equivalent commercial experience
- Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities
- Experience working within an Agile environment highly desirable.
- Testing languages in use for Cloud work such as Soap UI, Py unit, Negative testing, Even burn down
- Development Tools: Eclipse, Junit, Jenkins, Apache Ant, Gradle
- Exposure to testing SOAP/REST endpoints with SoapUI, Postman
- Exposure to deploying applications
- Exposure to code analysis such as Sonar, PMD/Findbugs would be an advantage
- IT background in the insurance sector would be an advantage
- Multi-platform skills (Linux/Unix/Windows) would be an advantage
- Experience/exposure to AWS or other Cloud technologies
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...