Version 1 Derry / Londonderry
Senior .Net Developer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
We are hiring for a position within one of our key public sector accounts in NI where you will have the opportunity to follow a pathway towards being a team lead with a signicant input into the widest ranging product portfolio in the NI civil service.
As a Senior .Net Developer in one of our many high performing engineering teams working closely with our clients is at the core of the job. You will also be expected to step up and help guide the architecture of solutions and also mentor the team to help them meet the delivery expectations you will help shape.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Implementation (coding) and Delivery of Microsoft Azure .NET projects (full-stack development with .NET Core and Angular or React
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup)
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team
- Collaborate and liaise with other Version 1 and customer stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, Testing etc
- Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to relevant customer personnel to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency
Please note this position is a hybrid opportunity with in-office time expected in the future when allowed (office locations can be in Derry/Londonderry or Belfast)
What you need to show for success:
- Fullstack .Net development experience (development experience for applications within the Azure Cloud is desirable)
- Deep understanding of coding best practices and modern architectural patterns, including microservices and message-driven architectures
- Experience of technical ownership for a software project, covering technology road-map alignment, estimation, product planning and user story/requirement creation
- Able to simply and clearly communicate technical designs in conversation, documentation and presentations to stakeholders of various technical ability.
- Able to make effective decisions within fast-moving delivery
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing members of your team and the wider community
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Consultant
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...