Version 1 Remote, United Kingdom
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are seeking an experienced Technology Principal to join our UK Digital & Cloud Practice and work alongside our Digital, Data and Platform Practice Leads. Our Digital Practice is expanding rapidly and there will be an opportunity for you to achieve medium and long-term career goals and also shape the Practice’s strategic direction in regard of technology solutions and service lines with a focus on Cloud technology (Azure & AWS)
- Proven breath of experience and accountability across various types of technology deliveries e.g., digital transformation, app modernisation, product development.
- Proven experience across architecture, engineering, integration, and cloud (AWS & Azure) technologies.
- Experience in managing and leading large/complex technical workstreams within multi-supplier engagements.
- Practical engineering background - you can lead development teams, resolve technical issues, and prioritise non-functional requirements to ensure successful technical delivery.
- Able to establish excellence in technical delivery, identify and mitigate risks early on and recover challenged technical deliveries.
- Ability to communicate effectively and credibly with senior stakeholders, to negotiate, influence and shape positive technology outcomes.
- Commercial and business awareness to drive business growth across an account, via pre-sales activities such as preparing and delivering presentations, writing technical and commercial documents and assist in project forecasting, planning, estimation, and delivery.
- Able to prioritise your time across multiple engagements, particularly when working to deadlines.
- A demonstrated ability in managing, coaching, and developing junior members of your team, including performance management activities.
- Be involved in the tech community and an active observer of latest trends and technologies.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...