Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
As a Scrum Master you will join our highly skilled Platform team, working on our clients Digital Platform. As part of a product team, working in conjunction with our internal and external customer’s you will take the role of Scrum master responsible for the Scrum team implementing platform features.
All our Scrum Masters are more than team facilitators and guardians of the agile ceremonies and practices. Our Scrum Masters understand the technical aspects of work being performed by the scrum team and the inter-dependencies between the technical tasks to deliver the defined user stories against the definition of done. Our Scrum Masters collaborate within cross functional teams. You will participate in influencing scoping decisions, innovation and proposing improvements while also line managing, mentoring, and coaching team members. Our implementation projects follow the principles of SAFe Agile methodologies.
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master who has a strong foundation in cloud technologies and experience working as a scrum master as part of a SW development project. The successful candidate must have an aptitude for considering the bigger picture, the knowledge to consider all options, the innovation to select the best solution, and the determination to take the solution to completion, while maintaining a focus on delivering quality and value to the customer.
As part of this position, we will be looking for excellent communication and estimation skills.
- Work with product management, product analysts and development teams to ensuring that the implemented designs provide a robust, scalable, performant and commercially compelling platform which can be through facilitation.
- Undertake line management and performance appraisals and learning a development identification as required
- Mentoring and coaching team members.
- Ability to identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development area.
- Compile and review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution – keeping a clean history or changes.
- Ensure all aspects of good design and construction are delivered (directly or through facilitation), including:
- Provide detailed planning and tracking information to Development leads and Project management
- Promote and live the client values and increase positive relations within the team and internal customers
- Make sure complex solutions are clear on how they will be delivered including versions, Git branching, releases – in other words making it easier for consumers
- Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a software engineering role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent experience or certification
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of full software development methodologies and release life cycles (traditional as well as agile)
- Natural leadership & negotiation skills with a focusing on driving results
- Strong analytical skills, logical and structured in approach
- Strong experience in a technically challenging development role
- Committed to creating readable, reliable, and maintainable software and documentation and come up to speed quickly on new technologies
- Strong knowledge of software testing practices includes automated approaches
- A relevant third level qualification or equivalent commercial experience
- Experience/exposure to AWS or other Cloud technologies desirable
- Exposure to Continuous Integration, and build automation tools such as Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus would be an advantage
- Exposure to code analysis such as Sonar, PMD/Findbugs would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a vendor environment with appreciation of the customer deliverables an advantage.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
For more information please reach out to Chris Blaney or apply via this advert and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...