Version 1 Dublin
Technical Account Manager
Department: Managed Services
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
The success of the role of the Technical Account Manager is built on the ‘Trust’ relationship between them and their clients. The result of this relationship is a customer with high satisfaction scores and engaged Version 1 staff, which should then translate into excellent financial performance. Reporting to a Portfolio Director within the Managed Services Practice,
You will be responsible for managing all technical/ functional aspects of service delivery, interacting daily with one or multiple Enterprise Class clients. You will accountable for leading the relationship with specific customers from an engagement and delivery perspective. These customers are typically classified as Key, Growth or Major Accounts.
In addition to leading quarterly review meetings with our clients, you will also direct strategic roadmap and planning efforts, brief clients semi-annually on technology and process evolutions that may be of interest or benefit to them.
You will be responsible for assisting business development in both a pre and post sales capacity and identify areas where Version 1 may be able offer improved service and/or reduce client’s operational costs throughout the engagement lifecycle.
Operational management tasks to include SLA management /compliance /reporting, contract management and proactive statistical analysis of performance data.
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts, software, and systems (i.e. networking, virtualization, VMware, hypervisors)
- Experience in a Managed Services environment
- Previous account and/or program management experience
- Commercial experience – opportunity development (farming), Pre-sales support, account management strategy and plan development, contract negotiation, Onboarding and Delivery.
- Must have experience with Mission Critical Applications (Financial Systems/Billing Systems/Procurement Systems)
- Direct experience in managed services environment (either as a customer or vendor)Ability to interface with clients at the CxO level is required, previous experience preferred
Key Metrics for the TAM will include:
- GP – gross profit (project)
- GP% - gross profit percentage (project) at a customer level
- Customer Satisfaction – quarterly surveys (and re-surveys)
- Additional revenue – additional business into customers
- Customer Retention – ensuring that we retain existing customers
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Contract Renewals
- Commercial uplifts to services
- Participating in tenders / proposals
- Presenting to new customers
- Managing budgets
- Transitioning new business into BAU
- Building senior level relationships with customers
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...
News: November 10, 2021
We have marked a new milestone in our Version 1 history with the introduction of our 2000 team member! We have welcomed Fergal O’Shea, Senior Java Developer, who is based in our Belfast office. Version...
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...