Version 1 Dublin
Application Support Analyst
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
- Troubleshooting incidents and problems to resolution, maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Access and Account Management for IT systems
- Proactive monitoring of systems, responding to alerts and scheduling of preventative maintenance and corrective work.
- Has a good working knowledge of service management, working to SLA's and/or experience of working in an ITIL environment.
- Responsible for the management of software releases, ensuring planned change is deployed in accordance with the Change Management process and scheduled appropriately.
- Responsible for writing effective support documentation and standard operating procedures and maintains all IT Operations process and procedure documentation accordingly.
- Be a focal point to resolve day-to-day user and application incidents and service requests and manage their resolution or escalation in a timely & effective manner.
- Assist in the development and generation of training, support and knowledge management materials.
- Offer guidance and best practice to ensure IT applications and services are operating optimally.
- Provide IT support input in the selection and development of tooling and process development in line with changing business requirements.
- Manage small/medium projects/work activities or sections of larger projects and interact with stakeholders to ensure business requirements are met
- Participate in the delivery and complete transition of new IT applications and services in line with service acceptance criteria.
- Contribute to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning, maintenance and support.
- Partake in on call support and maintenance rota where required
- Partake in a weekly support rota covering non-core hours where required
- Partake in out of hours support and maintenance where required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an applications management, support or development role
- 3rd Level technology Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting proprietary, legacy and 3rd party applications or services
- Working knowledge of Networks, Cloud & Business Applications including Office 365, SharePoint 365, and Microsoft Azure;
- Good working knowledge of reporting technologies (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- An understanding of relational databases and a good command of SQL
- Incident, Problem and Change Management experience
- Experience supporting application software with demonstrable knowledge of support processes and procedures, as well as a proven ability to design practical solutions to technical problems.
- Customer Facing Technical Support Experience
- Applications administration and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity of database technologies (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server) Experience with Microsoft Windows/Windows Server
- Experience of Linux an advantage
- Scripting and automation experience (e.g. SQL, PowerShell, .NET)
- ITIL Foundation qualification preferred
- Knowledge of the key architecture concepts used to support business applications including IIS web architecture, application, batch and database servers
- Experience in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with Software development and support methodologies (e.g. Agile, DevOps)
- Experience with Middleware application software including (e.g. Websphere/Webloglic, IIS, Tomcat)
If you don’t meet all skills required for the role don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: December 9, 2021
At Version 1, we focus on making our workplace a more diverse and inclusive environment for all every day. Since launching our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Programme, one of Version 1’s key focuses...
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...