Version 1 Redditch
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this is seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
User researchers plan, design and carry out research activities with users that help teams get a deep understanding of the end users. This research informs policy, proposition, service, content and interaction design so that services work well for users and achieves policy intent.
- Analysis and synthesis. You can turn research data into clear findings that inform decisions. You know how to involve colleagues in analysis and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions.
- Inclusive research. You understand the diversity of users of services. You know how to include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities to help teams deliver accessible services.
- Research skills. You understand and have experience of a range of user research methods. You can choose appropriate methods for different stages of the product life cycle and situations. You know how to apply methods correctly.
- Society and technology. You understand the social and technological context for services. You can help colleagues understand how digital technology is changing user behaviour, and the challenges and opportunities for services.
- Strategic insight. You understand organisational strategy and objectives. You can align user research activities with objectives to create strategic insights that inform policy and proposition.
- Technical understanding. You demonstrate knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate digital services. You understand the different technical roles in a multidisciplinary team.
- User-centred and agile practices. You understand user-centred design practices and know how to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely findings. You can work in an open, iterative and collaborative way in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience of analysis and synthesis and inclusive research.
- Your research skills are excellent and you have experience of a range of user research methods
- Experience of how digital technology is changing user behaviour
- You understand organisational strategy and objectives and have experience of aligning user research activities with objectives to create strategic insights
- Experience and knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate digital service
- Agile delivery experience
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: December 9, 2021
At Version 1, we focus on making our workplace a more diverse and inclusive environment for all every day. Since launching our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Programme, one of Version 1’s key focuses...
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...