Version 1 Birmingham
Front End Developer
Department: Business Management & Change
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance ‘theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference”.
We are looking for a talented Front End Developer to join our Development team who is highly motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. In joining our team of consultants, you will play a key part in the continual research, design, and development of our client's core products. We are looking for someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive technology transformation. The successful candidate should be hands-on, able to contribute individually, and should have experience within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Version 1 utilises best of breed Java toolsets focused on Micro Services Architectures, powerful front- and backend frameworks, RESTful services, and everything from NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Hadoop, high-performance data grids like HazelCast to multi-node relational systems.
You will take technical ownership for a product or software components, covering design, estimation, shaping and functional/non-functional requirements. This will involve designing, developing and maintaining cloud-based software applications using React, Java and associated frameworks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working as a Front End Developer
- Experience developing applications using React and Typescript.
- High level of proficiency with CSS pre-processors such as SASS
- Experience writing readable, maintainable, and modular code
- Understanding of the importance of testing and the ability to implement and maintain unit tests for front end applications, ideally with React Testing Library
- Proficient in Git version control
- A passion for all things coding and in creating high-quality products
- A natural creative spark and affinity to building beautiful front ends
- Skilled in responsive design
- Experience deploying applications on AWS
Before you apply to our Front End Developer needs, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share (bonus), pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, remote party event and Christmas parties that are now online!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: December 9, 2021
At Version 1, we focus on making our workplace a more diverse and inclusive environment for all every day. Since launching our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Programme, one of Version 1’s key focuses...
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...