Version 1 Leeds
Senior Oracle Cloud ERP Project Manager
Department: Oracle Applications
Are you an established Oracle EBS Project Manager looking for the opportunity to work with the latest cloud technology?
How about been given the opportunity to lead and deliver projects across multiple sectors & industries?
How does working with an Oracle ERP Partner of the year and ERP Managed Services Partner of the year sound?
Here at Version 1, we are currently in the market for experienced Project Managers for our growing Cloud Practice.
Version 1 is ranked as the 3rd Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running !
We are the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivaled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 2000 strong, €140m/£127m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this last year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
- Successfully managing the delivery of Version 1’s Oracle Cloud ERP/HCM/EPM projects.
- Working with the customer to confirm scope and goals, objectives and business justification, secure resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for projects.
- Leading, monitoring and maintaining progress of project plans to ensure delivery of the key stages and goals within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Managing customer expectations and be able to closely monitor and manage scope creep.
- Managing the agreed scope of the project to ensure that Change Requests are clearly identified, agreed with the customer for sign off prior to work commencing and impacted against timeline and budget
- Assist the customer project manager with monitoring tasks and progress of customer specific activities.
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Steering Group/Sponsor, and internally within Version 1 senior stakeholders and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track.
- Continually assessing potential risks and issues maintaining risk and issue logs, and contingency plans.
- Monitoring and communication of decisions made by the customer.
- Close monitoring and reporting on project budget and ownership for P&L targets against your projects.
- Playing a lead role in defining an effective communication strategy for the project, including communicating and consulting with key stakeholders both within the customer and Version 1 environments .
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Ensuring appropriately skilled resources are delivering the project and managing the availability and performance of those consultants.
- Travel to customer sites as required and permitted.
- Assisting in pre-sales and business developmentt opportunities as and when required.
- Strong knowledge of implementing Oracle EBS projects end to end (Essential)
- Knowledge of implementing Oracle Cloud ERP/EPM/HCM projects end to end (Desirable)
- Strong experience in delivery and implementation working for a consultancy / systems integrator.
- The ability to lead and deliver multiple projects concurrently.
- Overall strong Project Management capabilities and proven experience in delivering complex Oracle Applications projects using Oracle AIM and OUM methods
- Knowledge of PRINCE 2 or other formal delivery methodologies and experience of Project Management best practice.
- Microsoft Project planning experience a must.
- Fixed price/budget, commercial and customer experience a must.
- Strong governance expertise (E.g. Gate Control, Status Reporting)
- Scope management expertise
- Strong stakeholder management, negotiation and communication skills (written/verbal) across all levels highly desired.
- Excellent organisation, documentation and communication skills highly desired
- Strong interest in developing internal Version 1 PM Capability solutions and methodologies.
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
All roles are currently remote but you MUST be UK based.
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time. Candidates must be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: December 9, 2021
At Version 1, we focus on making our workplace a more diverse and inclusive environment for all every day. Since launching our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Programme, one of Version 1’s key focuses...
Blog: November 18, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I have a degree in Economics and a master’s degree in International...