Version 1 Newcastle upon Tyne
Java Technical Lead
Department: Business Management & Change
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
We are seeking an number of experienced Java Technical Lead to join our UK Digital & Cloud Practice. Our Digital Practice is expanding rapidly and there will be an opportunity for you to achieve medium and long-term career goals. As well as fantastic growth opportunities there is the opportunity to work on some really challenging and interesting, large scale transformational and migration projects within both public and private sector.
- Designing, developing, testing and maintaining cloud-based software applications.
- Technical leadership within a team to coordinate and deliver scalable, secure solutions in line with good industry software engineering practices (code quality, CI/CD, security etc).
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology
- Experience in technical ownership for a product or software solution, covering design, estimation, shaping and user story/requirement creation
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration, release, support-handover
- Collaborate and liaise with other Version 1 and customer stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, Testing, Product etc
- Able to simply and clearly communicate technical designs in conversation, documentation and presentations to stakeholders of various technical abilities.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to team members and customers.
- Manage, coach and develop junior members of your team and the wider community
- Fostering a positive working environment and facilitating team collaboration and communication.
- Deep understanding of coding best practices and modern architectural patterns, including microservices and message-driven architectures
- NFR / Non-Functional requirement understanding and experience developing applications with this in mind
- Application / Digital Services Design experience
- Experience in software engineering practices like Code Reviews, CI/.CD Pipelines and SOLID/DRY principals
- Hands-on developing / coding role using the following technologies:
- Backend (Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate)
- Experience in estimation and sizing
- Integration experience
- API Design experience
- AWS Cloud experience
Before you apply for our Java Technical Lead role, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: June 24, 2022
Version 1 is thrilled to be listed as the #1 Best Mid-Size Workplace™ in India at this year’s Great Place to Work® India awards. This is an exciting and prestigious achievement as Version 1...
Events: 7 July 2022
We are excited to announce that Version 1 will be attending the Young Professionals Conference on Thursday 7th July 2022. This is one of the biggest student careers conferences to take place in London...