Version 1 Newcastle upon Tyne
Department: Managed Services
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 is looking for an experienced Oracle DBA to join its Managed Services team. You will have a proven track record of designing and implementing complex Database Server solutions for mid to enterprise level organisations. We are looking for an someone who enjoys a fast pace, can prioritise workload, and can work under their own initiative. You will have solid background in implementing and supporting Oracle technologies.
You'll work within a blended team of junior DBA’s right up to Principal Oracle consultants and have plenty of opportunities to develop skills across the entire Oracle stack. Within this team we actively encourage knowledge sharing and regularly identify gaps for training and personal progression. We currently support and implement projects for a large number of clients across several industry sectors. This gives the opportunity to gain exposure and “hands on” experience to different technologies and platforms from on-premise solutions to Cloud (OCI, AWS and Azure).
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to progress their existing skills with a leading Oracle Platinum Partner working with cutting edge technologies.
- The technical ability to problem solve complex issues.
- The flexibility to move between clients, projects, technologies.
- A collaborative team member.
- Develops understanding of clients business, applications and users.
- Effectively communicate technical issues to business users.
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement continuous service improvements.
- Client facing skills.
- Highly experienced in implementing and supporting Oracle Database environments from versions 11g upwards
- Excellent performance tuning and optimization skills are essential.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware (WebLogic) with Oracle Forms and Reports required
- Knowledge of Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle APEX, RAC, Golden Gate, ODI and Red Hat Linux skills would be good to have.
- Migration experience to Oracle Exadata Database Machine, on-premise, Exadata Cloud @ Customer or Exadata Cloud Services desirable, Experience in migrating to Oracle OCI and AWS RDS desirable
- Working knowledge of Java application server admin (Tomcat, JBoss etc)
- Solid experience with disaster recovery methods and capacity planning.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle complex change and prioritize key activities.
- Full migration lifecycle activities including, but not limited to detailed analysis, design, development, test, user acceptance test support and production implementation.
- Identifying and correcting performance issues, reviewing systems and error logs, storage management, backups, job monitoring, optimization efforts, data integrity analysis and resolving database contention issues.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: June 24, 2022
Version 1 is thrilled to be listed as the #1 Best Mid-Size Workplace™ in India at this year’s Great Place to Work® India awards. This is an exciting and prestigious achievement as Version 1...
Events: 7 July 2022
We are excited to announce that Version 1 will be attending the Young Professionals Conference on Thursday 7th July 2022. This is one of the biggest student careers conferences to take place in London...