Version 1 Newcastle upon Tyne
Content and Knowledge Manager
Department: Sales & Customer Success
At Version 1, we are a people business. The game-changing IT services and solutions that we offer our clients wouldn’t be possible without great people leading the charge. When it comes to attracting and retaining talent, we understand that a continued commitment to employee development and happiness is paramount. We provide our people with the necessary tools and experience they need to be successful both professionally and personally – wherever their time at Version 1 might take them.
So, what makes a great Version 1 team member? Our employees have the ability to see what is really needed in every situation, the tenacity to question everything and to jump all hurdles in front of them, a total commitment to customer success, and a never-ending desire to deliver results. They make a difference. And with over 2000 difference makers on our team, we’re growing in number every day. Join us?
As the Content and Knowledge Manager you will be a self-motivated, highly task and deadline-oriented individual who can proactively seek, manage, and share content on own merit. You will have strong written ability and attention to detail with a personal drive to achieve exacting standards.
- Collaborate, build relationships, and share knowledge with internal stakeholders, as needed.
- Proactively manage the commercial team’s content libraries. Including being responsible for all uploads, data cleanses, refreshes and upkeep.
- Create well-written collateral for the content library, including Case Studies, “gold standard” model responses and policy documentation.
- Manage the team’s SharePoint site and Loopio (our Content management system), ensuring a constant feed of relevant information.
- Proactively and regularly upload all relevant content and knowledge (previous bids, exec summaries, case studies, model responses, and presentations) to relevant systems
- Track library and content usage and produce monthly reports in order to keep content fresh and relevant, archiving old content.
- Manage supplier relationships and system best use – undertake and implement training to ensure we’re getting the best from the system.
- Consult with business subject matter experts and business segment/subject leads to create clear and concise value-driven messaging in our model responses, evidence, and case studies and share with the bid team and wider sales team.
- Effective ownership of training of the Content Management Systems for key users: provide training and coaching to new team members on products, writing processes, and tools.
- 5+ years’ experience proven skills in producing and editing bid content and managing a content library within a complex business environment. Alternatively, experience in creating content for and managing a Knowledge Base or Wiki
- Previous experience of development and maintenance of proposal content library.
- Experience of proactive management of Content Management Systems (Loopio and SharePoint)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organisation and self-motivation skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proofreading and editing knowledge, with quality and accuracy a must.
- Experience of writing compelling responses within IT Services is desirable
- Experience assembling and working within cross-functional groups
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems. Track record of problem-solving ranging from conceptualisation to implementation.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: June 24, 2022
Version 1 is thrilled to be listed as the #1 Best Mid-Size Workplace™ in India at this year’s Great Place to Work® India awards. This is an exciting and prestigious achievement as Version 1...
Events: 7 July 2022
We are excited to announce that Version 1 will be attending the Young Professionals Conference on Thursday 7th July 2022. This is one of the biggest student careers conferences to take place in London...