Version 1 Newcastle upon Tyne
Data Engineer Consultant
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 has celebrated its 25th year in the IT industry last year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this is seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer of large scale data solutions. As a Data Engineer Consultant you will be implementing data ingestion and transformation pipelines for large scale organisations. You will use your deep technical skills in a variety of technologies to play an important role in developing and delivering early proofs of concept and production implementation.
You will be building solutions using a variety of open source tools & Microsoft Azure services, and a proven track record in delivering high quality work to tight deadlines.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Designing and implementing highly performant data ingestion & transformation pipelines from multiple sources using a variety of technologies
- Delivering and presenting proofs of concept to of key technology components to prospective customers and project stakeholders.
- Developing scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingestion and transformation of large data sets
- Master data management system and process design and implementation.
- Data quality system and process design and implementation.
- Integrating the end to end data pipeline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is maintained at all times
- Working with event based / streaming technologies to ingest and process data
- Working with other members of the project team to support delivery of additional project components (Reporting tools, API interfaces, Search)
- Evaluating the performance and applicability of multiple tools against customer requirements
- Working within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
- Microsoft Azure Big Data Architecture certification.
- Hands on experience designing and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform (Cortana Intelligence Platform) including Azure Storage, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics
- Direct experience of building data pipelines using Azure Data Factory and Apache Spark (preferably Databricks).
- Experience building data warehouse solutions using ETL / ELT tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Talend, Wherescape Red.
- Experience with Azure Event Hub, IOT Hub, Apache Kafka, Nifi for use with streaming data / event-based data
- Experience with other Open Source big data products eg Hadoop (incl. Hive, Pig, Impala)
- Experience with Open Source non-relational / NoSQL data repositories (incl. MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data including imaging & geospatial data.
- Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing, and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: June 24, 2022
Version 1 is thrilled to be listed as the #1 Best Mid-Size Workplace™ in India at this year’s Great Place to Work® India awards. This is an exciting and prestigious achievement as Version 1...
Events: 7 July 2022
We are excited to announce that Version 1 will be attending the Young Professionals Conference on Thursday 7th July 2022. This is one of the biggest student careers conferences to take place in London...