Version 1 Newcastle upon Tyne
Senior Oracle DBA
Department: Oracle Applications
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Oracle DBA to join Version 1 on a permanent basis. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We do this every day and due to continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and supporting Database Server solutions for mid to enterprise-level organisations. We are looking for an individual who enjoys a fast pace, can prioritise workload, and is eager to gain industry experience. You will have a solid background in Microsoft and Oracle technologies. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to progress their existing skills with a leading Microsoft Gold Partner and Oracle Platinum Partner working with cutting edge technologies.
This exciting opportunity will see the candidate working within a team of experienced Oracle professionals, exercising and developing the wide range of necessary skills that distinguishes a rounded consultant:
- The technical ability to problem solve complex issues.
- An opportunity to work with AWS and AWS Consultants.
- The flexibility to move between clients, projects, technologies.
- A collaborative team member.
- Develops an understanding of client’s business, applications and users.
- Effectively communicate technical issues to business users.
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement continuous service improvements.
- Client facing skills.
You will have:
- Strong Oracle Database Administration and Support skills. SQL Server skills a distinct advantage.
- Preparing the inventory, preparing and proving procedures, looking at pre-requisites, training and identifying the migration approach for migrations to be conducted.
- Full migration lifecycle activities including, but not limited to detailed analysis, design, development, test, user acceptance test support and production implementation.
- Identifying and correcting performance issues, reviewing systems and error logs, storage management, backups, job monitoring, optimization efforts, data integrity analysis and resolving database contention issues.
- The migration of pre-production and production database services.
- Where application remediation is required, the migration of development and/or system test database services.
- Good performance tuning and optimization skills.
- Solid experience with disaster recovery methods and capacity planning.
- Worked in a large database environments.
- Experience with third party backup and monitoring tools.
- Oracle RDBMS 12c Oracle RAC Red Hat Linux skills
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: June 24, 2022
Version 1 is thrilled to be listed as the #1 Best Mid-Size Workplace™ in India at this year’s Great Place to Work® India awards. This is an exciting and prestigious achievement as Version 1...
Events: 7 July 2022
We are excited to announce that Version 1 will be attending the Young Professionals Conference on Thursday 7th July 2022. This is one of the biggest student careers conferences to take place in London...