Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 is the first company in Ireland to achieve Oracle Platinum Partner status: the top tier of the partnership programme. We have the largest locally-based Oracle implementation and managed support services capability in the country and a depth of expertise across the Oracle stack including Database, Middleware, E-Business Suite and Business Intelligence.
We have built a successful Oracle Practice which provides consultancy, development and support services to a range of Irish and International organisations. This is a great opportunity to progress existing Oracle skills with a leading Oracle Platinum Partner with excellent career prospects, and there will be opportunities for cross-practice work as well as a pipeline of complex and innovative projects to support.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a developer with more than 4 years experience with PL/SQL development to hone their problem-solving skills working with product owners, cross discipline teams and QA to deliver quality functional solutions. The role involves a number of responsibilities including:
- Managing project source code and documentation
- Developing and maintaining customised reports, views, stored procedures, triggers and packages
- Managing version control and documentation
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving complex database problems
- Advising on Oracle features and best practices
Knowledge of Oracle’s spatial extensions would be a bonus since there is a geospatial component to the project.
- 4+ years Oracle PL/SQL Developer experience
- Solid understanding of code version management and code promotion practices in an enterprise environment
- Sound Knowledge of source control tools
- Excellent communications (written and oral), interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills
- Experience with effort estimation and requirements gathering
- Database tuning and performance monitoring skills
- Understanding of data modelling and database design experience
- Familiarity with preparing and maintaining technical documentation
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Completion of any Oracle Professional Certification
- Familiarity with Unit Testing/Continuous Integration
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- BI Publisher
- Oracle APEX
- Oracle Spatial
- Oracle Reports
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: April 27, 2022
At Version 1, we are extremely proud to be named the 6th Best Workplace in the United Kingdom, following last night’s Great Place to Work™ UK Awards in London. Having previously placed as the 20th...
Blog: April 20, 2022
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I finished high school with a diploma in product design and did not pursue...