Version 1 Bengaluru
Azure Development Lead
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
In this brand-new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of our Cloud Centre of Excellence focused on designing and implementing solutions which incorporate best of breed technologies, frameworks, and best practices. This provides a unique opportunity for people who are passionate about technology and have a deep commitment to code quality and best practices to build something special and make a real difference to our business and to our customer’s business. You will get to work with some of the brightest people in our organisation who are industry thought leaders and build cutting-edge solutions. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable for someone looking to take the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights. This is a techie’s dream role!
As a lead, you will be working with the latest tools/software/thought leadership. We want to build something special tell us how you can help!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- .NET Core Development Lead
- Designing and implementing cloud-native Azure based solutions using PAAS services
- Making decisions about the appropriate use of the stack (including C#/.NET, App Services (including Function and Logic Apps), Static Web Apps, APIM, AAD Authentication, Azure Monitor, Data Factory, etc.) to deliver maintainable, extensible outcomes for our customers while avoiding technology proliferation.
- Active participation within a highly collaborative tribe of software engineering professionals, ensuring alignment on standards and ways of working.
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels to ensure that the solution identified is fully understood and supported by all stakeholders, aligned to the business need, is fit for purposes and provides value for the investment made.
- Support and advocate Centre of Excellence to wider org
- Liaising with Solution Architect and other senior team members to communicate progress and vision
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Excellence
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral English language skills
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to manage a team and communicate progress
- At least 8 years .NET development experience (C#) with at least 2 of those designing and implementing on Azure with experience of the following:
- App Service Functions
- Service Bus
- At least 1 year of experience in Azure DevOps
- Strong understanding of when to use appropriate services to solve different problems. I.e. ability to evaluate technology “fit”
- Mentoring of junior devs
- Experience of modern application designs including event-driven microservices, RESTful API design, etc.
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies, languages and tools
- Agile Scrum / Kanban experience
- Ability to work to own initiative and without heavy oversight
- Passionate about code quality and best practices an absolute must
- Must show evidence of your passion for technology and continuous learning
- Office 365 / Dynamics365 / SharePoint experience
- Microsoft Power platform experience
- Knowledge of the latest architectures such as MicroServices, Domain-Driven Design, Reactive etc.
- Experience working with offshore team Consultancy experience
- Azure Solution Architect Certified
- SemVer/CalVer, Conventional Commits
- Branching strategies
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above and looking to own technical oversight of a highly motivated and driven team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you!
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: April 27, 2022
At Version 1, we are extremely proud to be named the 6th Best Workplace in the United Kingdom, following last night’s Great Place to Work™ UK Awards in London. Having previously placed as the 20th...
Blog: April 20, 2022
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I finished high school with a diploma in product design and did not pursue...